Nachi is for the devil! Flow QoS question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Smash, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Smash

    Smash Guest

    Bom Dias folks,

    I am having a heck of a time with remote connectivity to 2 of my
    2600 series routers. The problem is that Nachi is bogging the routers
    memory and CPUs down so much that I cannot establish a connection.
    I am confident of this because when I console in and setup icmp acl's
    for
    the hosts that are shown in #sh ip cache flow | include 0800
    I am able to get back in and the processor and memory usage goes down
    dramatically.

    Is there any way that I can set up some sort of QoS to allow me to
    remote in if this is happening? (Short of breaking the 92 byte icmp
    cabability of traceroute etc.)

    Thanks for your folks input.

    !Brian

    Smash, Nov 25, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    Smash <> wrote:
    :I am having a heck of a time with remote connectivity to 2 of my
    :2600 series routers. The problem is that Nachi is bogging the routers
    :memory and CPUs down so much that I cannot establish a connection.

    :Is there any way that I can set up some sort of QoS to allow me to
    :remote in if this is happening? (Short of breaking the 92 byte icmp
    :cabability of traceroute etc.)

    traceroute does not use 92 byte icmps -- traceroute uses udp.

    Perhaps you are thinking of the Windows program tracert
    which -does- use 92 byte icmps for its tracing.

    My suggestion would be to get a different version of traceroute
    and then block those 92 byte icmp packets.

    There are probably some free traceroute utilities for windows.
    When I look on the net quickly, I happen to find a selection of shareware
    utilities: see http://www.labmice.net/Utilities/traceroute.htm
    for those.
    --
    Warning: potentially contains traces of nuts.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 25, 2003

  3. Smash

    Smash Guest

    Thanks for the clarification between traceroute and tracert.
    I did indeed mean tracert.

    Smash, Nov 26, 2003