N95 VoIP settings crippled by Orange

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by andy, Apr 16, 2007.

  1. andy

    andy Guest

    andy, Apr 16, 2007

  2. andy

    Brian A Guest

    On 16 Apr 2007 05:03:25 -0700, "andy" <>
    wrote:

    >http://www.slashgear.com/n95-voip-crippling-caught-on-camera-can-carriers-evolve-164795.php
    >
    >I don't imagine Orange is alone in this practice.
    >
    >Can this be undone by a Nokia service agent resetting the phone?
    >
    >thread on Truphone forum as well
    >
    >http://www.mobilevoipforum.org/showthread.php?t=515

    This is an interesting development. If I was on a high priced
    contract, in order to secure a VOIP capable phone, I would be doing
    it precisely because SIP VOIP is a facility I want. If I found that an
    operator had removed that facility I'd be cancelling the contract on
    the first day.
    Being forewarned means I will now want a demonstration, or written
    statement, that the VOIP on the phone I am receiving is fully
    operational and the rest of its features in full working order.
    I would also want to ensure that such a service is not locked to any
    particular provider. I am against locking and other anti-competitve
    behaviour.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Apr 16, 2007