N1 Wireless networking and Vista

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Nathan Walker, Nov 30, 2007.

  1. I'm running Vista with a new Belkin N1 router and N1 Wireless USB adaptor.

    The wireless adaptor works fine for an internet connection(surfing the net),
    but I am experiencing a problem when running video or audio.

    I get an interruption every minute or so when playing CD's, listening to
    audio files,
    using Skype - ANYTHING

    It happens when the light on the N1 USB receiver flashes really fast...

    - I bought a D-Link N1 USB adaptor and it also has the same problem, so
    it's not the devices.

    - I plugged in my G-USB wireless adaptor and I don't have a problem.

    - I then try the N1 devices on my laptop with XP and I don't have a problem.

    My computer store says is it obviously a compatiablity issue with Vista and
    N1 wireless devices....when using multi media.

    Help....! I want to use Skype at high speed to talk to my parents
    overseas...
    but I'm restricted to using my G-USB adaptor on my Vista computer.

    Nathan Walker, Nov 30, 2007

  2. Nathan Walker

    Pavel A. Guest

    ??? So why you can't use Skype with the G-USB adaptor?

    --PA

    Pavel A., Nov 30, 2007

  3. I can, but with a G USB adaptor I get a lower internet speed

    I want to use my N1 gear to get a higher internet speed and crystal clear
    Skype

    Nathan Walker, Nov 30, 2007
  4. Hi
    Since Vista works with a lot of other Draft-N adapter I would dare to say
    that it is Not Vista that are Not compatible with Belkin, but rather that
    the Belkin might Not work well with Vista.
    Try another Draft-N devices (and do not forget it is Draft).
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 30, 2007
  5. Jack, please read my post correctly.... I said I also bought a D-Link USB
    adaptor
    and it ALSO has the same problem.

    Anyway - I'm done with Vista. I'm installing XP today.

    Nathan Walker, Nov 30, 2007
  6. Nathan Walker

    Pavel A. Guest

    "Nathan Walker" <> wrote in message
    > Jack, please read my post correctly.... I said I also bought a D-Link USB
    > adaptor
    > and it ALSO has the same problem.
    >
    > Anyway - I'm done with Vista. I'm installing XP today.

    Hmm and this is after all these efforts that Microsoft
    put into QoS enhancements in Vista...

    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 1, 2007