    to the network, when compared
    with clients who have G routers and G nics. Is this to be expected?
    TIA
    J, Feb 17, 2009

  2. Hi
    This is not a common practice with 802.11g working with Drat_N.
    However because it is Draft and Not a standard there are variation between,
    and within the variety of Hardware devices that are on market.
    It could be a general problem of your Wireless Router, or a specific
    interaction problem between the Router and the specific 802.11g that you are
    using.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 17, 2009

  3. J

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Sometimes updating the router firmware helps with this. (and
    sometimes not). It would be worth checking that you have the latest
    firmware (and wireless NIC drivers).

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Feb 17, 2009
  4. J

    Pavel A. Guest

    J wrote:
    > I have a couple of clients with N routers in 'mixed' mode because I
    > have some G generation nics.
    > I seem to have more problems with drops and long wait times to connect
    > to the network, when compared
    > with clients who have G routers and G nics. Is this to be expected?
    > TIA

    Yes, interop issues are to be expected. Wi-fi is a crazy complicated thing.
    The (unnamed) G adapter may be the cuplrit as well, not only the
    (unnamed) N router.

    Regards,
    --pa
    Pavel A., Feb 17, 2009
  5. J

    smlunatick Guest

    On Feb 17, 3:31 am, J <> wrote:
    > I have a couple of clients with N routers in 'mixed' mode because I
    > have some G generation nics.
    > I seem to have more problems with drops and long wait times to connect
    > to the network, when compared
    > with clients who have G routers and G nics.  Is this to be expected?
    > TIA

    Several N router's mixed modes tend to allow 802.11b, 802.11g and
    802.11n signals. You might be able to fix the disconnect problems by
    locking the modes so that only 802.11g and 802.11n modes are
    available, 802.11b signal are possibly the cause of the problems.
    smlunatick, Feb 18, 2009