    Lite-On Monitor (A1554NEL)
    OS = Windows XP (Home Edition)

    Paul
    Paul Watkins, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Paul Watkins

    Joe Guest

    try another place for the driver.
    "Paul Watkins" <> wrote in message
    news:FOXIb.14597$...
    > Hi
    > I have a Medion Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 with AGP8x 128mb Graphics Card.
    > I want to update the driver for this card, however when i attempt to

    install

    Joe, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Paul Watkins

    Paul Watkins Guest

    I've tried the Nvidia website, Medion Website and a few others all with the
    same result

    Paul Watkins, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Paul Watkins

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Paul Watkins posted ...

    > Hi
    > I have a Medion Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 with AGP8x 128mb Graphics
    > Card.
    > I want to update the driver for this card, however when i attempt to
    > install the updated driver from oct 2003 when i re-boot, before it
    > gets to the desktop the monitor goes into stand by.
    > Then i have to access safe mode and roll back the driver.
    > Anyone know what i need to do to update the driver?

    Is there a specific need for you to update the card ?

    I'm a great believer in not updating for updating's sake. If it's working
    fine, what will am upgrade give you that's better ? If an update from the
    manufacturers site doesn't work, then maybe you don't really need an update
    anyway ...

    Maybe it's your mobo BIOS software or AGP software that needs updating as
    well ...

    --
    Paul
    Paul - xxx, Jan 1, 2004
  5. Paul Watkins

    Budweiser Guest

    go to the nvidia site and get the unified driver---follow the
    instruction/how to on the same page

    you did remove all the nvidia stuff from add remove progs etc BEFORE you try
    to update along with disabling av protection etc---if not--i am not
    surprised at your predicament

    Budweiser, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Paul Watkins

    Paul Watkins Guest

    Yes it did remove all nvidia software & disabled all running progs.
    I'll try the unifoed driver.
    Thanks

    Paul Watkins, Jan 1, 2004