    anyone in Wellington, or preferrably Kapiti has such a setup up and running.

    Thanks,
    Daniel
    Daniel, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Daniel

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Got a work colleague who's looking into purchasing a PVR setup for
    > himself, including an IR blaster so that his PVR can switch channels on
    > his cable TV.
    >
    > I've read several positive comments about MythTV, so I'm wondering if
    > anyone in Wellington, or preferrably Kapiti has such a setup up and running.

    Couple of resources

    http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    to run MythTV box.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Steven Ellis wrote:

    > Couple of resources

    > http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    > to run MythTV box.
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks Steve.

    I didn't know about the mythtv.co.nz site.

    I'm really after an actual up-and-running unit to show my colleague that
    it works. His preference is for a Windows MCE solution, but, he wants to
    see MythTV in action to appreciate it as a viable cost-effective
    alternative.
    Daniel, Oct 16, 2006
  4. Daniel

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    > >
    > > Couple of resources

    > > http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    > > to run MythTV box.
    > >
    > > Steve
    > >

    > Thanks Steve.
    >
    > I didn't know about the mythtv.co.nz site.
    >
    > I'm really after an actual up-and-running unit to show my colleague that
    > it works. His preference is for a Windows MCE solution, but, he wants to
    > see MythTV in action to appreciate it as a viable cost-effective
    > alternative.

    Ask around on the mailing list for resources in Wellington.

    Otherwise OpenMedia will be showing off myPVR at Big Boys Toys in
    Auckland next month.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Oct 17, 2006
  5. Daniel

    Daniel Guest

    Steven Ellis wrote:

    > Ask around on the mailing list for resources in Wellington.
    >
    > Otherwise OpenMedia will be showing off myPVR at Big Boys Toys in
    > Auckland next month.
    >
    > Steve

    Good to know. Cheers.
    Daniel, Oct 17, 2006
  6. Daniel

    Steven Ellis Guest

    Steven Ellis, Oct 17, 2006
  7. Daniel

    Earl Grey Guest

    Daniel wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    >>
    >> Couple of resources

    >> http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    >> to run MythTV box.
    >>
    >> Steve
    >>

    > Thanks Steve.
    >
    > I didn't know about the mythtv.co.nz site.
    >
    > I'm really after an actual up-and-running unit to show my colleague that
    > it works. His preference is for a Windows MCE solution, but, he wants to
    > see MythTV in action to appreciate it as a viable cost-effective
    > alternative.

    GBPVR is worth a look too
    http://www.gbpvr.com/
    Earl Grey, Oct 17, 2006
  8. Daniel

    JohnO Guest

    Steven Ellis wrote:
    > Daniel wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Got a work colleague who's looking into purchasing a PVR setup for
    > > himself, including an IR blaster so that his PVR can switch channels on
    > > his cable TV.
    > >
    > > I've read several positive comments about MythTV, so I'm wondering if
    > > anyone in Wellington, or preferrably Kapiti has such a setup up and running.

    > Couple of resources

    > http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    > to run MythTV box.
    >
    > Steve

    Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
    weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
    was pure schill.
    JohnO, Oct 17, 2006
  9. Daniel

    Steven Ellis Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    > > Daniel wrote:
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > Got a work colleague who's looking into purchasing a PVR setup for
    > > > himself, including an IR blaster so that his PVR can switch channels on
    > > > his cable TV.
    > > >
    > > > I've read several positive comments about MythTV, so I'm wondering if
    > > > anyone in Wellington, or preferrably Kapiti has such a setup up and running.

    > > Couple of resources

    > > http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    > > to run MythTV box.
    > >
    > > Steve

    > Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
    > weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
    > was pure schill.

    I run OpenMedia.. Hows that for honesty.

    Any no this thread isn't a setup :)

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Oct 17, 2006
  10. Daniel

    JohnO Guest

    Steven Ellis wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > Steven Ellis wrote:

    > > > Couple of resources

    > > > http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    > > > to run MythTV box.
    > > >
    > > > Steve

    > > Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
    > > weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
    > > was pure schill.

    > I run OpenMedia.. Hows that for honesty.
    >
    > Any no this thread isn't a setup :)
    >
    > Steve

    Heh heh. That's all good.
    JohnO, Oct 17, 2006
  11. Daniel

    Earl Grey Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    >> Daniel wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Got a work colleague who's looking into purchasing a PVR setup for
    >>> himself, including an IR blaster so that his PVR can switch channels on
    >>> his cable TV.
    >>>
    >>> I've read several positive comments about MythTV, so I'm wondering if
    >>> anyone in Wellington, or preferrably Kapiti has such a setup up and running.

    >> Couple of resources

    >> http://www.openmedia.co.nz produce myPVR which is a preconfigured ready
    >> to run MythTV box.
    >>
    >> Steve

    > Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
    > weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
    > was pure schill.

    Steve has been pretty upfront that Openmedia's PVR is his product, he
    has posted all the details of the development process on the
    mythtv.co.nz forum.
    I've found it quite helpful following his choice of hardware in choosing
    a suitable motherboard for a pvr and noting what the various drivers he
    has had to add are.
    I'm using GBPVR at the moment, but I'm going to stick another drive in
    with myth on it just for my own curiousity.
    I reckon building mythtv boxes like that is more an enthusiast service
    than an`commercial enterprise, and I'm personally willing to cut him
    some slack.
    Earl Grey, Oct 17, 2006
  12. Daniel

    Steven Ellis Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > Steven Ellis wrote:
    > > JohnO wrote:

    > > > Steve, do you work for Openmedia? You seem to be plugging them on a
    > > > weekly basis and if I didn't know better I'd suspect that Daniel's post
    > > > was pure schill.

    > > I run OpenMedia.. Hows that for honesty.
    > >
    > > Any no this thread isn't a setup :)
    > >
    > > Steve

    > Heh heh. That's all good.

    I'm pleased you think so :)

    The www.mythtv.co.nz site is there as a way to push MythTV in general.
    Always open to suggestions for new links and news articles.

    Steve
    Steven Ellis, Oct 17, 2006