    absolutley NO SENSE! The murder didn't even have a MOTIVE!
    Skip this turkey, now and when it is released on DVD (so you se, my post IS
    on topic!)

    rwright, Oct 26, 2003

  2. rwright

    Chris4V Guest

    nothing but commie liberals in this movie.

    ban it

    Chris4V, Oct 27, 2003

  3. rwright

    Devious Guest

    "rwright" <> wrote in message
    > Saw this latest Eastwood movie that is being hailed by some as a
    > "materpiece". Good acting, nicely directed, but the STORY!! Holy cow!
    > Thee boys survive a childhood tragedy. They grow up. One is a detective

    I liked it

    not a bad flick, but Kill Bill was slicker and far cooler

    Sean Penn was good as always, so was Robbins, too bad neither of them like
    this country

    Devious, Oct 28, 2003
  4. rwright

    Rogers News Guest

    "rwright" <> wrote in message
    > Saw this latest Eastwood movie that is being hailed by some as a
    > "materpiece". Good acting, nicely directed, but the STORY!! Holy cow!
    > Thee boys survive a childhood tragedy. They grow up. One is a detective
    > who JUST HAPPENS to be investigating the murder of the daughter of one of
    > the other friends. And the third friend? Of course, he is the main

    suspect
    > in the murder. How convaluted! I did not buy the plot for one second. And
    > the ending! Talk about an ending that comes out of nowhere and makes
    > absolutley NO SENSE! The murder didn't even have a MOTIVE!
    > Skip this turkey, now and when it is released on DVD (so you se, my post

    IS
    > on topic!)

    Mystic was quite good; not great. Lots of lofty crane shots and nice put on
    accents. The idea that Bacon's charactor would tolerate what happens (no
    spoiler intended) is nuts. Is he or is he not a cop? Sean Penn was excellent
    as was Tim Robbins.

    Rogers News, Nov 6, 2003
  5. rwright

    rwright Guest

    Re: MYSTIC RIVER yech!(SPOILERS)

    I agree that al the actors were very good. I especially liked the
    performance of young Cameron Bowen as the young Tim Robbins character.
    (Allright, I know Cam so I am a little biased.) BUT --why did that kid go
    through his entire life PRETENDING to be a mute?? Why didn't his own brother
    know it was an act? When we find out that they shot at the car "to scare
    her". meaning there was NO MOTIVE for the murder, that was the ultimate
    story hole. It was an accident! But there was NO EXPLANATION for why they
    shot her to "scare " her. Why were they trying to scare her? I thought
    MAYBE the mother of the boy had put him up to it so she wouldn't skip off to
    Vegas with her older son. THAT was at least SOME kind of motive. But the
    writer couldn't even come up with something simple like that. I just did
    not get the ending of this movie (or any other part of it) at all!
    Horribly horribly written!! (How much you wanna bet it gets a BEST ADAPTED
    SCREENPLAY Oscar Nom??)

    rwright, Nov 6, 2003
  6. rwright

    Rutgar Guest

    On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:27:51 GMT, "rwright" <> wrote:

    >I agree that al the actors were very good. I especially liked the
    >performance of young Cameron Bowen as the young Tim Robbins character.
    >(Allright, I know Cam so I am a little biased.) BUT --why did that kid go
    >through his entire life PRETENDING to be a mute?? Why didn't his own brother
    >know it was an act? When we find out that they shot at the car "to scare
    >her". meaning there was NO MOTIVE for the murder, that was the ultimate
    >story hole. It was an accident! But there was NO EXPLANATION for why they
    >shot her to "scare " her. Why were they trying to scare her? I thought
    >MAYBE the mother of the boy had put him up to it so she wouldn't skip off to
    >Vegas with her older son. THAT was at least SOME kind of motive. But the
    >writer couldn't even come up with something simple like that. I just did
    >not get the ending of this movie (or any other part of it) at all!
    >Horribly horribly written!! (How much you wanna bet it gets a BEST ADAPTED
    >SCREENPLAY Oscar Nom??)

    I think Tim Robbins, and Sean Penn, are two of the better actors out
    there. But, I light of their recent escapades in the political
    landscape, I refuse to watch anything with them in it. When I see
    either of them in a movie now, all I can think of is their political
    stances.

    Kevin Spacey once said that he believed that actors should keep low
    profiles so that the characters they play, will always be believable.
    I totally agree with Mr. Spacey.

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Nov 6, 2003
  7. Re: MYSTIC RIVER yech!(SPOILERS)

    On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, rwright wrote:

    spoilah space
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    > I agree that al the actors were very good. I especially liked the
    > performance of young Cameron Bowen as the young Tim Robbins character.
    > (Allright, I know Cam so I am a little biased.) BUT --why did that kid go
    > through his entire life PRETENDING to be a mute?? Why didn't his own brother
    > know it was an act? When we find out that they shot at the car "to scare
    > her". meaning there was NO MOTIVE for the murder, that was the ultimate
    > story hole. It was an accident! But there was NO EXPLANATION for why they
    > shot her to "scare " her. Why were they trying to scare her? I thought
    > MAYBE the mother of the boy had put him up to it so she wouldn't skip off to
    > Vegas with her older son. THAT was at least SOME kind of motive. But the
    > writer couldn't even come up with something simple like that. I just did
    > not get the ending of this movie (or any other part of it) at all!
    > Horribly horribly written!! (How much you wanna bet it gets a BEST ADAPTED
    > SCREENPLAY Oscar Nom??)

    My big question was....why did the kids bother calling 911? Especially
    after the crime they had just committed? The whole solution revolves
    around that call, but it doesn't make any sense.

    And wouldn't Marcia Gay Harden's character know that telling Penn about
    her suspicions was essentially signing her husband's death warrant? Maybe
    that's what she wanted, but the film isn't that clear on the point.

    swac

    Stephen Cooke, Nov 6, 2003
  8. rwright

    Jeffy3 Guest

    Rutgar <> wrote in message

    > Kevin Spacey once said that he believed that actors should keep low
    > profiles so that the characters they play, will always be believable.
    > I totally agree with Mr. Spacey.
    >
    > - Rutgar

    Well we all know why Mr. Spacey keeps a low profile. Wink wink.

    Jeffy3, Nov 6, 2003
  9. rwright

    Rutgar Guest

    On 6 Nov 2003 11:11:04 -0800, (Jeffy3) wrote:

    >Rutgar <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Kevin Spacey once said that he believed that actors should keep low
    >> profiles so that the characters they play, will always be believable.
    >> I totally agree with Mr. Spacey.
    >>
    >> - Rutgar

    >Well we all know why Mr. Spacey keeps a low profile. Wink wink.

    What does that mean?

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Nov 6, 2003