    searching to see if such a plug in even exists. But Mozilla never comes
    back with an answer to that question, leaving me to wonder if there IS an
    answer. In any case the World Clock page is blank ! Any Thoughts ?

    Bill McCarty, Dec 27, 2004

  2. (On 12/26/2004 10:56 PM) Bill McCarty wrote:
    > Using my bad old internet Explorer I can click on a website called
    > Personal World Clock and get a nice image of a clock showing the precise
    > time in several areas of the world. Using Mozilla, I CANT ! Instead I get
    > a message telling me to click on a small icon to get a "plug in," -whatever
    > that is, - in order to be able to view the clock. This suggest to me that
    > I need another program which: A. Exists. and B. I must down load and
    > THEN I'll be able to view the clock. Not so ! After clicking on the
    > small icon as directed, I get ANOTHER message saying That Mozilla is
    > searching to see if such a plug in even exists. But Mozilla never comes
    > back with an answer to that question, leaving me to wonder if there IS an
    > answer. In any case the World Clock page is blank ! Any Thoughts ?

    Forgive me, but my mind reading is not working too well tonight.
    Perhaps you would provide a useful link to the web site in question?

    I'd be willing to bet anything you need Java. Available from Sun
    [http://www.java.com]
    --
    Brian

    Email Info--
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    ::..BRIAN..::, Dec 27, 2004

  3. Bill McCarty

    Bill McCarty Guest

    Bill McCarty, Dec 31, 2004
  4. Bill McCarty

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Bill McCarty wrote:

    > ::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
    >
    >> Forgive me, but my mind reading is not working too well tonight.
    >> Perhaps you would provide a useful link to the web site in question?

    > The page is called Personal World Clock and the link is;
    > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=263,136,27

    It is a Java applet. You need to install the Sun Java Runtime
    Environment. It is recommended that you UNinstall old versions first.
    Look for Java in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html - is the whole download page

    The following link is the actual file to download and install:
    http://javashoplm.sun.com/ECom/docs...4.2_06-oth-JPR&SiteId=JSC&TransactionId=noreg

    MS IE used to include a Java Runtime (called MS Virtual Machine).
    That's why it works in IE and not in Moz.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Dec 31, 2004
  5. On 2004-12-31, Bill McCarty <> wrote:

    >::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
    >
    >> Forgive me, but my mind reading is not working too well tonight. Perhaps
    >> you would provide a useful link to the web site in question?

    > The page is called Personal World Clock and the link is;
    > http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=263,136,27

    Works fine here with FireFox-1.0. Do you have Java installed?
    --

    John ()

    John Thompson, Dec 31, 2004
  6. Bill McCarty

    Nobody Guest

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 05:35:43 GMT, Bill McCarty <> wrote:

    >::..BRIAN..:: wrote:
    >
    >> Forgive me, but my mind reading is not working too well tonight. Perhaps
    >> you would provide a useful link to the web site in question?

    >The page is called Personal World Clock and the link is;
    >http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/personalapplet.html?cities=263,136,27

    Works fine here with Moz v1.7.2... Sun Java2 v1.4.1... WinXP Home Ed.

    Nobody, Dec 31, 2004