Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone !

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by English Patient, Jun 20, 2006.

  1. I have WindowsXP

    When I do a right-mouse-click with the mouse pointing just to the right of
    Message & Help I get the following:

    Standard Buttons
    Address Bar
    Links
    Lock The Toolbars
    Norton Internet Security
    Norton Antivirus
    AOL Toolbar
    Flashget Bar
    Bookmark Dashboard

    I don't know where this Bookmark Dashboard came from and want to
    remove it.

    Searching for Dashboard gives me: nothing :(

    Any ideas ?

    EP.
    English Patient, Jun 20, 2006

  2. English Patient

    joevan Guest

    joevan, Jun 20, 2006

  3. Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone, and yes I did try google first

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:07:16 +0100, "English Patient"
    > <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Bookmark Dashboard

    > Try here.
    > http://www.google.com/search?source...GGL,GGGL:2006-18,GGGL:en&q=Bookmark Dashboard
    > --
    > "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    > and for the same reason."

    I did the google thing before asking my question.

    Couldn't find anyone else having a problem removing their
    Boomakr Dashboard.

    so I came here.

    EP.
    English Patient, Jun 20, 2006
  4. English Patient

    joevan Guest

    Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone, and yes I did try google first

    On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:54:12 +0100, "English Patient"
    <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:

    >"joevan" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:07:16 +0100, "English Patient"
    >> <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Bookmark Dashboard

    >> Try here.
    >> http://www.google.com/search?source...GGL,GGGL:2006-18,GGGL:en&q=Bookmark Dashboard
    >> --
    >> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    >> and for the same reason."

    >I did the google thing before asking my question.
    >
    >Couldn't find anyone else having a problem removing their
    >Boomakr Dashboard.
    >
    >so I came here.
    >
    >EP.

    You mean you are the sole person to have a problem with it?
    and for the same reason."
    joevan, Jun 21, 2006
  5. Re: Mystery toolbar - Bookmark Dashboard - want it gone, and yes I did try google first

    "joevan" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:54:12 +0100, "English Patient"
    > <my_castle@the_edge_of_the_cliff.com> wrote:
    >

    >>"joevan" <> wrote in message

    >>> Try here.
    >>> http://www.google.com/search?source...GGL,GGGL:2006-18,GGGL:en&q=Bookmark Dashboard
    >>> --
    >>> "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    >>> and for the same reason."

    >>I did the google thing before asking my question.
    >>
    >>Couldn't find anyone else having a problem removing their
    >>Boomakr Dashboard.
    >>
    >>so I came here.
    >>
    >>EP.
    >>

    > You mean you are the sole person to have a problem with it?
    > --
    > "Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently
    > and for the same reason."

    Looks like it.

    Googling for "bookmark dashboard" + ( problem or remove or removal )
    give 6 hits, helpful ones = 0

    EP.
    English Patient, Jun 21, 2006
  6. English Patient

    Plato Guest

    Get rid of all those toobars and toobar utils. Get rid of NIS.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 22, 2006