    Remove MY PANTS to reply
    Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Gamertag: KerplunKuK

    kerplunkuk, Jul 7, 2003

  2. kerplunkuk

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... kerplunkuk said:

    > I have had a file appear on my desktop call ~
    > File has no details and is 186Kb in size. AVG says it's ok, but what could
    > it be or where could it have come from. Running Win XP. Never had one
    > before, just appeared once Outlook Express closed.
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    You can safely delete it, it's just a copy of your address book.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/
    freeware, helpdesk, ad-aware

    Brian H¹©, Jul 7, 2003

  3. kerplunkuk

    kerplunkuk Guest

    Thanks Brian

    kerplunkuk, Jul 7, 2003
  4. kerplunkuk

    °Mike° Guest

    If you have installed the cumulative update for OE, each time
    a contact is added to your address book, a file named "~" is
    created on your desktop when you exit OE or your address book.
    It is just a COPY of your Windows Address Book (*.wab).

    It is caused by the update for OE Q331923 (now Q330994).
    Microsoft are supposedly working on a fix.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/330994/default.asp
    How to uninstall
    To remove the download, complete the following steps:

    On the Start menu, point to Settings and then click Control
    Panel. (In Windows XP, click Start and then click Control
    Panel.)
    Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
    In the list of currently installed programs, select Q330994
    and then click Remove or Add/Remove. If a dialog box appears,
    follow the instructions to remove the program.
    Click Yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 01:23:04 +0100, in
    <beaegl$2h5$>
    kerplunkuk scrawled:

    --