  1. two files just appeared on my desktop jztzgb7k.exe and 0q11knvs.exe ..
    updated a/v and spyware applications and ran both of them... both files
    appeared clean... what are they?

    Frank Thompson, Apr 29, 2006

  2. Frank Thompson

    philo Guest

    Frank Thompson wrote:
    > two files just appeared on my desktop jztzgb7k.exe and 0q11knvs.exe ..
    > updated a/v and spyware applications and ran both of them... both files
    > appeared clean... what are they?

    almost for sure a virus

    time to update your virus checker or get a better one

    philo, Apr 29, 2006

  3. Frank Thompson

    pcbutts1 Guest

    They are probably bad. Submit both files to Virustotal and post the results
    http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html

    pcbutts1, Apr 29, 2006
  4. Frank Thompson

    Silto Guest

    "Frank Thompson" <> wrote:

    >two files just appeared on my desktop jztzgb7k.exe and 0q11knvs.exe ..
    >updated a/v and spyware applications and ran both of them... both files
    >appeared clean... what are they?

    Run 'em and find out. That's what I do.

    Silto, Apr 29, 2006
  5. Frank Thompson

    Plato Guest

    Frank Thompson wrote:

    > two files just appeared on my desktop jztzgb7k.exe and 0q11knvs.exe ..
    > updated a/v and spyware applications and ran both of them... both files
    > appeared clean... what are they?

    Virus/trojan files.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 29, 2006
  6. Frank Thompson

    cineman Guest

    google can find no match so if they are in temp folder delete tham

    cineman, Apr 29, 2006
  7. Frank Thompson

    Peaches Guest

    > two files just appeared on my desktop jztzgb7k.exe and 0q11knvs.exe ..
    > updated a/v and spyware applications and ran both of them... both files
    > appeared clean... what are they?

    Well, a google - progressively abriviating, resulted in a heap of Chinese
    sites?
    The only common theme between "jztz" and "0q11" being:
    http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?op=get&fingerprint=on&search=0x1672E11D93ED2CCF

    Which further resulted in:
    http://people.ubuntu.com/~mako/ksp-mataro/ksp-mataro.asc

    But, Further searching/translating - results in some dubious java exceptions
    for "0q11", this site being quite alarming?
    http://us.codejunkies.com/

    If You search for "jztzgb" the results increase startlingly, notable being
    the majority are non-English, - Chinese, Polish, German, Russian?
    Also notable, clicking on links the vast majority result in: 404 not found?

    If you are indeed running Linux(?) AVG offer a free linux only anti-virus
    application which you may like to try:
    http://www.grisoft.com/doc/26/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

    Peaches, Apr 30, 2006
  8. Frank Thompson

    Peaches Guest

    Re: Post-hemorrhoidectomy question

    <e3102r$d22$>...

    Peaches, Apr 30, 2006
  9. Frank Thompson

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:02:42 -0500, philo wrote:

    > Frank Thompson wrote:
    >> two files just appeared on my desktop jztzgb7k.exe and 0q11knvs.exe ..
    >> updated a/v and spyware applications and ran both of them... both files
    >> appeared clean... what are they?
    >>

    > almost for sure a virus

    Almost for sure?

    Could you be a bit more vauge?