    people on this forum, which I enjoy lurking in and reading from.

    Thanks!

    DrM
    DrMojo, Aug 10, 2004

  2. In article <Xns95416845F3126nonenopethanks@151.164.30.92>,
    ks says...
    > Looking for a basic Digital Camera that would be similar in termperment to
    > a Contax G2 or classic rangefinder, meaning I'd like it to have the least
    > amount of the dreaded digital lag as possible (more responsive to shutter,
    > in other words, not drawn out), anywhere from 3.2 to 5 mgapixel (enough to
    > do 8 x 10s as top with, perhaps, the occasional larger), and relatively
    > fast in lower light.
    >
    > Is that even possible? I'd think if anybody would know, it would be the
    > people on this forum, which I enjoy lurking in and reading from.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > DrM

    Your best bet at this point (cost and performance wise) is a digital
    SLR. You'll get quick AF, or at least effective manual focusing and
    near instantaneous capture. You won't mind the extra resolution or
    features, either. Try out a Nikon D70 or a Canon Digital Rebel - it's
    just like shooting a film camera.
    --
    http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/
    Brian C. Baird, Aug 10, 2004