    Also, I can't even get to the router from this machine.

    What can I do? Thanks a lot.

    P.S. Running on cable with a Netgear 4-port wireless

    bPstyles, Feb 27, 2005

  2. bPstyles

    Belgarath Guest

    Check the DNS settings in your router, maybe your provider changed their
    DNS-servers.
    This is very rare, but you never know.

    Belgarath

    "bPstyles" <> wrote in message
    > Every so often, I will lose the ability to resolve anything that needs to

    go
    > through DNS. IN other words, I can connect to an ip, but not the name.
    > LIkewise, p2p software and chat software works. I can ping the ip, but

    not

    Belgarath, Feb 27, 2005

  3. bPstyles

    Simon Smith Guest

    Ask your Mum......

    Simon

    Simon Smith, Feb 27, 2005
  4. bPstyles

    bPstyles Guest

    "Belgarath" <> wrote in message
    > Check the DNS settings in your router, maybe your provider changed their
    > DNS-servers.
    > This is very rare, but you never know.

    Set to get them automatically.

    This is odd, indeed. I am setting up to format this machine anyway, I
    suspect perhaps a problem arised after I got accidentally blizted when I was
    visiting some sites the MPAA would be saddened about. I thought I nipped it
    in the butt, but perhaps not.

    Thanks for fast response, though.

    bPstyles, Feb 27, 2005
  5. bPstyles

    bPstyles Guest

    "Simon Smith" <> wrote in message

    > Ask your Mum......

    She said I should give the router a valium and have some wine so we can both
    deal with the likes of you.

    bPstyles, Feb 27, 2005
  6. bPstyles

    Simon Smith Guest

    Seems like she's a sensible lady then ........
    Simon

    Simon Smith, Feb 27, 2005
  7. bPstyles

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi bPstyles - Try doing a Reset on your router.

    --
    Please respond in the same thread.
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

    In news:,
    bPstyles <> typed:

    Jim Byrd, Feb 28, 2005
  8. bPstyles

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "bPstyles" <> wrote in

    > Every so often, I will lose the ability to resolve anything that needs
    > to go through DNS. IN other words, I can connect to an ip, but not
    > the name. LIkewise, p2p software and chat software works. I can ping
    > the ip, but not the name.

    Check your system for spyware/adware.

    Jim Berwick, Feb 28, 2005