    ------------------------------

    Can anyone help?

    TIA

    Gadget, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Gadget

    °Mike° Guest

    OLEXP: Error Message: The Connection to the
    Server Has Failed...Error 0x800CCC0E
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302339

    On 10 Jun 2004 14:57:57 -0700, in
    <>
    Gadget scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 10, 2004

  3. If you are connected to the internet using one ISP...but trying to send
    email for an account not attached to the ISP that you are connected to the
    internet with, chances are sending email will fail. The reason for this is
    because most ISPs now block Port 25, which is what you are using for SMTP.
    If this sounds like it may be the reason outgoing email is failing to send
    (and I would bet money on it)...contact the provider of that email account
    and ask if they offer an alternate SMTP port.

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - since 1997
    Managed, Dedicated & Colo Servers

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jun 10, 2004
  4. Gadget

    Dave Hill Guest

    In article <>,
    (Gadget) wrote:

    > Our laptop has WIN XP Home and has 2 users one of our pop3 email
    > services works with one of the users but not the other. We
    > send/receive email using multiple pop3 accounts and only this one has
    > a problem. IT WILL RECEIVE BUT NOT SEND. I have deleted the OE Mail
    > account and set it up several times.
    > This is the error.
    > ------------------------------
    > The connection to the server has failed. Account: '****mail.com',
    > Server: '****mail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
    > ------------------------------
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > TIA

    I typed "0x8000ccc0e outlook" into google....

    The MS Knowledge base (specifically article
    <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q191687>
    suggests that the problem is that the server you specified (but munged
    in your posting) is not listening on port 25 (used for sending mail).

    Check that the sending SMTP server is correct in the Account setup.

    Dave
    --
    Dave Hill
    Dave at minnie dot demon dot co dot uk