    brand from China that I don't have the software for and I have a webcam. But
    I have never seen that connection there before since I've had this computer.
    Anyone know what this connection is linked to?

    Muse De Groops, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Muse De Groops

    Guest

    "Muse De Groops" <> wrote:

    >I just upgraded from XP Home to Professional Edition, and I just noticed
    >under the Network Connections that in addition to the normal connection at
    >100mbps there is a second connection that says it's a connected 'Micosoft
    >TV/Video Connection' at 30mbps. Now there is a TV Tuner card by some off
    >brand from China that I don't have the software for and I have a webcam. But
    >I have never seen that connection there before since I've had this computer.
    >Anyone know what this connection is linked to?

    Download and run (no install required) Tcpview
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/TcpView.mspx

    You can right click on the connection, copy and paste the info into
    notepad.

    --
    For the animation alone (first half at least)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=jldQ7Z-LawQ

    , Jan 29, 2007

  3. Muse De Groops

    Nel Guest

    I'm having trouble getting connected too...I've fixed it 2 time now but
    don't know what I did ;-)..It says I have the wrong user name and
    password...What is the domain?
    Thanks guys......Nel (afraid to turn it off as it has taken me an hour to
    get back on....)Nel

    Nel, Jan 29, 2007
  4. Muse De Groops

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 20:03:54 -0800, "Nel" <>
    wrote:

    >I'm having trouble getting connected too...

    Getting connected to what? What does your question have to do with a
    TV Tuner question?

    >I've fixed it 2 time now but don't know what I did ;-)..

    Fixed what?

    >It says I have the wrong user name and password...What is the domain?

    What says you have the wrong user name and password?

    > Thanks guys......Nel (afraid to turn it off as it has taken me an hour to
    >get back on....)Nel

    Turn what off?

    Evan Platt, Jan 29, 2007
  5. Muse De Groops

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:08:27 -0500, Muse De Groops wrote:

    >I just upgraded from XP Home to Professional Edition, and I just noticed
    >under the Network Connections that in addition to the normal connection at
    >100mbps there is a second connection that says it's a connected 'Micosoft
    >TV/Video Connection' at 30mbps. Now there is a TV Tuner card by some off
    >brand from China that I don't have the software for and I have a webcam. But

    Well XP Pro detected it, didn't it.

    >I have never seen that connection there before since I've had this computer.
    >Anyone know what this connection is linked to?

    Oh go on, you can guess that yourself from what you just said.

    Google is your pal,

    http://www.google.com/search?q=microsoft tv/video connection
    Results 1 - 10 of about 295,000 for microsoft tv/video connection.

    1 hit, paste below, there are quite a few others.

    Mystery Network Connection: Microsoft TV/Video Connection [Archive ...
    [Archive] Mystery Network Connection: Microsoft TV/Video Connection
    PressF1.
    http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/archive/index.php/t-27687.html - 4k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303302
    Adding a USB camera to Windows XP creates Local Area Connection 2
    After you add a universal serial bus (USB) camera or a TV tuner card to
    a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer, a Local Area Connection 2 icon
    may be created in the View Network Connections section in My Network
    Places. The information that is displayed below this icon describes the
    connection as:
    Microsoft TV/Video Connection

    Me

    why?, Jan 29, 2007