MYSQL and ExpressionWeb Problems

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by bauer24, Apr 26, 2010.

  1. bauer24

    bauer24

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I'm attempting to create a website, and am running Expression Web 3 with the latest MySQL server. I have downloaded the ODBC drivers. My aim for creating this website is to increase my knowledge of server side scripting (ASP, SQL) It is not in any form commercial (Non-profit)

    Anyway, I have a page titled data.aspx where i want there to be a populated drop down list which in turn populates a gridview. (data retrieved from an mysql database) I have successfully completed this with a MS ACCESS data source, but now want to attempt it with MYSQL (See attached image)

    The problem is when i have configured a data source, and want to configure a statement, the column list is empty. Having viewed examples on the internet, the columns from my sql database should be here.

    I have configured the ODBC connector, and set up a DSN correctly.

    Could anyone help please?

    THE ATTACHED IMAGE SHOULD PROVIDE A BETTER INSIGHT.

    Thank You

    Attached Files:

    bauer24, Apr 26, 2010