    problems when I'm trying to fix them...My question is;
    what is the best way to take a basic course to fix
    computer with knowledge about it?
    Robert, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Robert

    ECreation Guest

    Just go buy yourself an A+ book. thats suppose be the "hareware" course out
    there.

    ECreation, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Robert

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Yup. A+ and don't forget to "google". :)

    lots of big the boys claim that an A+ is not very useful, but I am always
    seeing people taking them when i go to my exams, so obviously there is
    something that the A+'ers know that the "big boys" don't.

    RY, MCSE

    Rowdy Yates, Nov 28, 2003
  4. Robert

    Marko Guest

    MY Opinion, for what it's worth:

    Scott Mueller, Upgrading and Repairing PCs (I think it is
    up to the 15th edition now)

    Probably has 10 times too much info in it for any normal
    person to read and absord, but as a reference, it is very
    hard to beat.

    Stephen Bigalow's Upgrading, Repairing and Maintaining PCs
    is about as good and just as in depth.

    I think either book will satisfy your craving for PC
    knowledge.

    If you want something simpler, try any respected book on
    A+, but carefully note the age of the content and the exam
    objectives covered before buying!

    All of these books are out of date after about 12 months
    so choose carefully.
    Marko, Nov 30, 2003