    Do they take over ownership?

    Dave

    , Nov 28, 2005

  2. Charlie Self Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was reading the terms of service on the MyPublisher.com site. I don't
    > understand the last sentence of this section:
    >
    > "You acknowledge and agree that any submission may be published,
    > copied, customized, removed, transmitted and shown by MyPublisher for
    > the purposes of delivering the Services. In addition, you warrant that
    > all moral rights in any uploaded images and materials have been waived.
    > "
    >
    > What does it mean that all moral rights in any uploaded image have been
    > waived?
    > Do they take over ownership?
    >
    > Dave

    Sounds like they took over ownership before that. The "moral rights"
    clause would have me backpedaling, as it can mean just about anything
    their lawyers want it to mean.

    Charlie Self, Nov 28, 2005

  3. Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 07:31:12 -0800, kasterborus wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I was reading the terms of service on the MyPublisher.com site. I don't
    > understand the last sentence of this section:
    >
    > "You acknowledge and agree that any submission may be published,
    > copied, customized, removed, transmitted and shown by MyPublisher for
    > the purposes of delivering the Services. In addition, you warrant that
    > all moral rights in any uploaded images and materials have been waived.
    > "
    >
    > What does it mean that all moral rights in any uploaded image have been
    > waived?
    > Do they take over ownership?
    >
    > Dave

    Hard luck you have given them the pictures.
    In other businesses it would be called something like fraud or stealing
    but in deals like this they call it sharp business acumen.

    --
    Neil
    Linux Counter 335851

    Neil Ellwood, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Guest

    On 28 Nov 2005 07:31:12 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I was reading the terms of service on the MyPublisher.com site. I don't
    >understand the last sentence of this section:
    >
    >"You acknowledge and agree that any submission may be published,
    >copied, customized, removed, transmitted and shown by MyPublisher for
    >the purposes of delivering the Services. In addition, you warrant that
    >all moral rights in any uploaded images and materials have been waived.
    >"
    >
    >What does it mean that all moral rights in any uploaded image have been
    >waived?
    >Do they take over ownership?
    >
    >Dave

    It means you're screwed because you're dealing with someone
    who would put such terms in a contract. For further detail, contact a
    real lawyer.

    , Dec 2, 2005
  5. Paul Rubin Guest

    writes:
    > What does it mean that all moral rights in any uploaded image have been
    > waived?
    > Do they take over ownership?

    It doesn't sound that way, but you have to read through the whole
    agreement.

    Moral rights are a concept from copyright law in Europe and some other
    countries. It's not recognized in the US. It means among other
    things that if you publish something, you can change your mind later
    and require that publication cease. I think that clause is intended
    for non-Americans.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_rights

    Paul Rubin, Dec 2, 2005