MyOlympus photo sharing site

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Jul 18, 2005.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    Alfred Molon, Jul 18, 2005

  2. Alfred Molon wrote:
    > http://myolympus.org/
    >
    > The Photographic Community of Users of Olympus 4040, 5050, 5060, 7070,
    > 8080 and E300 Digital Cameras

    Is my 4000 excluded?

    Gordon

    Gordon MacPherson, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Alfred Molon

    Pb Guest

    Pb, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Alfred Molon

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:33:36 GMT, Pb wrote:

    > Why no 5000z?

    Hey, why no . . . hmm. My Olympus Stylus is so old it has no
    apparent model number. Only identified as AF 35mm f/3.5. Oh, I
    almost forgot. It's film, not digital. :)

    ASAAR, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Alfred Molon

    Pb Guest

    <<Hey, why no . . . hmm. My Olympus Stylus is so old it has no apparent
    model number. Only identified as AF 35mm f/3.5. Oh, I almost forgot. It's
    film, not digital. :)>>

    True, but do they inend to shut down each forum simply because the camera is
    old? The 5000z is not particularly good (it's going to be traded when I can
    afford a decent camera to upgrade to) so maybe that's the real reason?

    --
    Paul ============}
    o o

    // Live fast, die old //
    PaulsPages are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

    Pb, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Alfred Molon

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:35:27 GMT, Pb wrote:

    > True, but do they inend to shut down each forum simply because the camera is
    > old? The 5000z is not particularly good (it's going to be traded when I can
    > afford a decent camera to upgrade to) so maybe that's the real reason?

    I don't know since I don't inhabit those forums (my main camera is
    a Fuji, followed by a couple of Canons). Have forums for different
    cameras actually been closed, or is it just that they never existed?
    I can imagine that the 4040, 5050, 5060, 7070, 8080 and E300 are
    more complex cameras, and their owners have more need to ask
    questions and share experiences. Again, I'm not familiar with those
    forums, but it seems that the 5050 owners would be more likely to be
    familiar with the 5000z than owners of other models and brands of
    cameras, and might welcome your questions and participation. If
    nothing else, with your older Oly you're probably more likely than
    owners of other brands to be talked into upgrading to one of the
    forum models, and get your official forum membership and discount
    card and learn the secret handshake, etc. :)

    ASAAR, Jul 20, 2005
  7. Alfred Molon

    Pb Guest

    <<If nothing else, with your older Oly you're probably more likely than
    owners of other brands to be talked into upgrading to one of the forum
    models, and get your official forum membership and discount card and learn
    the secret handshake, etc. :) >>

    Do I detect a note of cynicism here <g> ? And it's sad that my 5000z, still
    within its warranty, is now old and out of fashion.

    Paul

    --
    Paul ============}
    o o

    // Live fast, die old //
    PaulsPages and galleries are at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pcbradley/

    Pb, Jul 21, 2005
  8. Alfred Molon

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:29:14 GMT, Pb wrote:

    > <<If nothing else, with your older Oly you're probably more likely than
    > owners of other brands to be talked into upgrading to one of the forum
    > models, and get your official forum membership and discount card and learn
    > the secret handshake, etc. :) >>
    >
    > Do I detect a note of cynicism here <g> ? And it's sad that my 5000z, still
    > within its warranty, is now old and out of fashion.

    Nope, I didn't even consider that it would be taken that way. I
    was just trying to suggest that you'd probably be welcome even if
    your camera was a bit different. But I don't know any of those
    forums. Maybe the folk there lie in wait with finely honed daggers,
    waiting for an unsuspecting interloper. <g>

    ASAAR, Jul 21, 2005