My Yahoo and browsers

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Neal, Sep 10, 2005.

  1. Neal

    Neal Guest

    I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum or not to ask this but
    here goes.
    For a week now I have been having trouble accessing My.Yahoo.com.
    Sometimes it works some time it doesn't. Most it does not. This is the
    only page I have trouble with. All other sites and pages seem to work
    fine. It does not matter what browser I use. The problem is the same. My
    system has Windows XP Home SP2 with all the current updates. I am
    running Avast! for a virus scan and Sygate for firewall, though I have
    removed it till this is fixed. The browsers are Firefox 1.06, Opera 8.02
    registered edition, and Internet Explorer 6.0.2900. For spyware
    protection I have the latest copies of MS Antispyware, Spybot and
    Ad-aware. Below is my HijackThis log:

    Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
    Scan saved at 4:15:41 PM, on 9/10/2005
    Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

    Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exes
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
    C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\DkService.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
    C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe
    C:\Program Files\Opera\Opera.exe
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Documents and Settings\Neal\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} -
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} -
    C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NVMixerTray] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA
    Corporation\NvMixer\NVMixerTray.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
    AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ccleaner] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe" /AUTO
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NBJ] "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero BackItUp\NBJ.exe"
    O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel
    present
    O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} -
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console -
    {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program
    Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\npjpi150_04.dll
    O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger -
    {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} -
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger -
    {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} -
    C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe

    I normally can figure out most any problem on my pc but this one has me
    stumped.

    Neal, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Neal

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Have Hijack This fix these entries:

    If you still have problems, format and do a clean install of XP.

    --

    "Instead of trying to bash me you should try to learn from me and
    archive my posts so you can better help people in the future. If you don't

    -
    -

    pcbutts1, Sep 10, 2005

  3. Neal

    Z Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum or not to ask this but
    > here goes.
    > For a week now I have been having trouble accessing My.Yahoo.com.

    How have you ruled out that this is a problem with the web site?
    Z, Sep 10, 2005
  4. Neal

    Neal Guest

    The page works fine on my other PC's and this one in Linux. It has to be
    a Windows problem. Every other page on Yahoo works fine. This one comes
    and goes on this one Windows system. Annoying to say the least. When I
    log in all I get a blank page.

    Neal, Sep 10, 2005
  5. Neal

    Neal Guest

    I tried your suggestion with Hijackthis. Did not help. Thanks anyway. I
    will get this figured out. Formating in not even an option for just one
    problem webpage. If I do that I will just drop Windows entirely and
    use Linux. Tired of fooling with it. Knoppix or Ubuntu does nearly
    everything I want, for free, out of the box.

    Neal, Sep 10, 2005
  6. Neal

    Z Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > The page works fine on my other PC's and this one in Linux. It has to be
    > a Windows problem. Every other page on Yahoo works fine. This one comes
    > and goes on this one Windows system. Annoying to say the least. When I
    > log in all I get a blank page.

    Have you checked the hosts file on the PC for a redirection entry?

    Also any FF extensions that may be causing this?
    Z, Sep 10, 2005
  7. Neal

    Neal Guest

    The host file on my system is the one provided by Spybot. Took it out
    but made no difference. What is this FF extension you are talking about?
    I did a search but did not find any.

    Neal, Sep 11, 2005
  8. Neal

    Z Guest

    Neal wrote:
    > The host file on my system is the one provided by Spybot. Took it out
    > but made no difference. What is this FF extension you are talking about?
    > I did a search but did not find any.

    I'm talking about any extension.

    Do you have any installed?

    Tools > Extensions ... are any listed?
    Z, Sep 11, 2005
  9. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Just for the Hell of it I tried to access my girlfriends My Yahoo
    account. Works just fine. Trying it again on her PC, I was able to
    access her account but not mine. This appears to be a Yahoo problem.
    What a relief.

    Neal, Sep 11, 2005
  10. Neal

    Neal Guest

    Sorry I went braindead. No, I do not have extensions in FF. Should not
    matter anyway since I have just found out that I have the same problem
    accessing My Yahoo from a different PC and a variety of browsers, but I
    can access my girlfriends account. Sounds like a Yahoo problem.

    Neal, Sep 11, 2005
  11. Neal

    mac Guest

    Delete all the Internet Temp files and history.

    Then, download ad-aware from Lavasoft. Run it le select all items, delete
    them.

    Then let's see what happens
    mac, Sep 11, 2005
  12. Neal

    nos1eep Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 21:03:07 -0500, Neal <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    >Just for the Hell of it I tried to access my girlfriends My Yahoo
    >account. Works just fine. Trying it again on her PC, I was able to
    >access her account but not mine. This appears to be a Yahoo problem.
    >What a relief.

    Reset your password.

    __

    -nos1eep