    Ok, here's my XBox, stage 1 of the mod...

    [​IMG]

    No mods to the controllers or anything yet, no LCD screen either but that's a possibility.
    The Modfather, Feb 11, 2006

  2. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Wait, so you've already done this? :shock: Damn, that's good stuff.
    XhArD, Feb 11, 2006

  3. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah, got this much done today, dunno when I'll do more, depends on funds mostly.

    Anyone wanna buy a nice Movado Stainless Steel Sports Watch? I'm letting it go for $395 (US) which is less than half price, it's brand new. I got pics if ya want. I paid $990.00 for it.
    The Modfather, Feb 11, 2006
  4. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i wanna see more pics of the mod :)
    unholy, Feb 12, 2006
  5. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    What more is there to see? It's just graphics right now, nothing mechanical or anything like that. You're seeing all there is to see right now.
    The Modfather, Feb 12, 2006
  6. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    It looks nice...

    ...did you check out www.xport1.com for more ideas? They do the Xbox "jewels", which might interest you.:)
    bigal, Feb 12, 2006
  7. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah, I saw, they're way overpriced though, for what they want for a blank jewel I can get one on EBay from one of the dealers for less than half that. Besides, I have yet to see the jewel I want so I'm probably going to etch the pentagram into it myself. I've already got the clear blank and lights, it's just a matter of doing the etch properly. How deep do you need to go for it to catch the light properly? Any idea?

    This is the lighting system I'm using.
    [​IMG]
    The Modfather, Feb 13, 2006
  8. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Laser-etches are within the glass, but you are talking about digging into the glass from the surface. I would figure you need to go at least 1/4th of the width of the glass to catch enough light. I'm no expert however. Try some test pieces with cold cathodes up against their edges.
    bigal, Feb 14, 2006
  9. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah, I'll have to do that, I have a few pieces here laying around that were sent in to me as samples, they're UV but they might work. Don't wanna mess up the one jewel I've got and have it not look right.

    PS2 Pic now! Woot!

    [​IMG]
    The Modfather, Feb 15, 2006
  10. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Looks nice. Hey, is that Unholy, third from the left?
    bigal, Feb 15, 2006
  11. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    No, that's a friend of VP Dick Cheney I believe, from a former hunting trip. :)

    Unholy is the one in the lower right half behind the one in front, look close, you can see, he has a big gap where the spelling part of his brain would go. :)
    The Modfather, Feb 16, 2006
  12. The Modfather

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Oh right. I should have seen that one the first time...
    bigal, Feb 17, 2006
  13. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Nah, it's alright, I didn't get him too well there, I can understand you not seeing it. :)

    I think I made his left eye socket too small.
    The Modfather, Feb 17, 2006
  14. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    hmmmm i am a skull, i never knew i had no skin before :| to to mention no eyes or brain :| or nose(PLEASE DONT MAKE ME A MICHEAL JACKSON) :|

    By the way its looking good modfather :) i noticed its a PS2 :)
    unholy, Feb 18, 2006
  15. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia

    Wow, what a sharp eye you have. :p

    Lookin' good Modfather, what else you planning on doing to the PS2?
    XhArD, Feb 18, 2006
  16. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I'm not really sure. I'd like to put more paint on, but I'm not sure what all I wanna do. I was gonna get a verticle stand for it, but, nah... Need to get some better controllers for both the PS2 and the XBox before I mod 'em. Lighting has to come into it somewhere here, that much is for sure.
    The Modfather, Feb 18, 2006
  17. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol just cause i saw it and u didn't doesn't make u non sarcastic :p
    *totally not in your language modfather*

    Make sure you keep the force of thy mod, modfather :)
    unholy, Feb 19, 2006
  18. The Modfather

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Right-o, will do, whatever you say buck-o!

    What'd he say X?
    The Modfather, Feb 19, 2006
  19. The Modfather

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    He said "It must be the crack" :p He said just because he saw that its a PS2 and I didn't (apparently), I can still be sarcastic.

    I think.
    XhArD, Feb 19, 2006
  20. The Modfather

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    err wrong...

    i said xhard is blind and he didn't see that it was a ps2 :p
    unholy, Feb 19, 2006