My Wireless network is going MAD

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jay, Jul 27, 2004.

  1. Jay

    Jay Guest

    I have just hooked up the office with a new wireless.. i have done it before
    it worked fine internet was cool network interims of all the pc seeing each
    other was great but now its giving me problems. i recently wanted to test
    the new offering from MS windows server 2003 64 bit, but after playing with
    it for a while i realized that non of my wireless devices are supported. So
    I had to reformat the machine and install normal windows server 2003
    enterprise edition. My network is Fine if you call all the machines are
    functioning well DHCP applied to all server ip manually configured all the
    pc can see the server and each other, but the internet connection I had to
    share it and it doesn't want to work on the client machines. My set up is
    like the following

    Windows 2003 server connected to the outside world with a physical link to a
    broadband 3 meg modem.
    On the server I have a wireless for my internal networking I manually
    configuered the server IP to 192.168.0.1

    some one please help!

    Jay, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Jay

    omaromar Guest

    You need to define your TCP/IP . The main computer which is connected to
    the DSL or Cable should have 192.168.0.1 as host. Other computers or
    clients should have 192.168.0.10 or ...11 or ...12 etc. make sure the
    default gateway is 192.168.0.1 for all of them. Disable the firewall for
    the host computer at first then after the connection is established reable
    it. At my network places right click on the local area connection and in
    the property advanced click on allow to share internet and uncheck protect
    my computer. Reboot

    omaromar, Jul 27, 2004