    I have looked everywhere on my computer but i can`t seem to find anything
    that helps this? That`s why i have posted here because i think someone will
    be able to help me, hopefully.

    =?Utf-8?B?VXN1YWxseSBHb29kIFdpdGggQ29tcHV0ZXJzIQ==, Aug 22, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VXN1YWxseSBHb29kIFdpdGggQ29tcHV0ZXJzIQ==

    Malke Guest

    Usually Good With Computers! wrote:

    > The computer that is upstairs has the same connection as me, but never
    > cuts out, but this one downstairs cuts out at random. It has been
    > going on ever since i got it..but it is getting really annoying now
    > because i can`t download anything large because when the connection
    > fails so does the download and i need to start the download again!
    >
    > I have looked everywhere on my computer but i can`t seem to find
    > anything that helps this? That`s why i have posted here because i
    > think someone will be able to help me, hopefully.

    Start by checking if there is power management on the wireless hardware
    (in the computer). If there is, disable it. Go to Control
    Panel>System>Hardware tab>Device Manager. Expand the Network category
    and find your wireless adapter. Double-click the entry to get its
    Properties. If there is a Power Management tab, click it and uncheck
    the box that says "allow Windows to turn off this device while not in
    use". Now test for a while.

    If that doesn't exist and/or doesn't help, the adapter may be faulty.
    Swap it out for a known-working one. If this is a laptop and the
    adapter is built-in you obviously can't do that, so try a pc card
    adapter instead.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers