    it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay something to me towards it
    second habd value?

    Steve (UK)

    Steve Pake, Apr 6, 2006

  2. Steve Pake

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:55:02 GMT, "Steve Pake" <> wrote:

    >My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any right
    >to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the children, or is
    >it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay something to me towards it
    >second habd value?

    That's something to discuss with your lawyer, as it varies from country to
    country, and state to state.

    --
    Don't irritate geeks ... They don't have a life and if you make
    them mad enough they will make *you* their life ... And they

    Mara, Apr 6, 2006

  3. Steve Pake

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Steve Pake.

    In <news:Wz5Zf.18478$> you wrote:

    > My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any right
    > to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the children, or is
    > it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay something to me towards it
    > second habd value?

    Not that I'm up on divorce law or anything but I'd say that's the job of
    the lawyers to sort out.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Apr 6, 2006
  4. Steve Pake

    The Wanderer Guest

    On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:55:02 GMT, Steve Pake wrote:

    > My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any right
    > to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the children, or is
    > it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay something to me towards it
    > second habd value?

    Try asking your question in uk.legal.moderated. There are one or two
    knowledgable posters there who may be able to offer some advice. I'd
    recommend avoiding uk.legal (the unmoderated group) - it's a bit of a bear
    pit. :-(

    Take it for what it is, however. Don't *rely* on or take as authorative
    advice you get from usenet!

    --
    the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

    The Wanderer, Apr 6, 2006
  5. Steve Pake

    s1 Guest

    Steve try your question at newsgroup uk.legal

    s1, Apr 6, 2006
  6. Steve Pake

    slumpy Guest

    To fill up a few lines of text and ultimately to piss off a lot of dumb
    people, I typed this just before Steve Pake decided to brighten up my day by
    saying:

    > My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any
    > right to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the
    > children, or is it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay
    > something to me towards it second habd value?
    >
    > Steve (UK)

    UK law states that the children's guardian gets just about everything needed
    to give them a home. Get legal advice, but don't let them drag you through
    endless letters - try as hard as you can to sort it between yourselves.
    --
    slumpy
    tradelist and images - http://tinyurl.com/devgk

    slumpy, Apr 6, 2006
  7. Steve Pake

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 09:55:02 +0000, Steve Pake wrote:

    > My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any right
    > to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the children, or is
    > it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay something to me towards it
    > second habd value?

    Let her take the shit so your kids can have a fucking table and chairs to
    sit in/at.

    Meat Plow, Apr 6, 2006
  8. Steve Pake

    JAMES Guest

    Just wait
    She will get everything eventually

    JAMES, Apr 6, 2006
  9. Steve Pake

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:Wz5Zf.18478$,
    Steve Pake spewed forth:
    > My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any
    > right to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the
    > children, or is it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay
    > something to me towards it second habd value?
    >
    > Steve (UK)

    Forget all the money crap and the legal crap. You don't love (or at least
    can't live with) the wife anymore. Fine. Forget about that. Think about it
    from THIS perspective: you DO still love your kids? (I hope to God you
    do...) Then don't begrude them a single stinkin' piece of anything. You're
    one single biggest responsibility in life is to love, nurture, and provide
    for those children. GIVE them the things they need and stop being greedy or
    quibbling with your ex over these things.

    Yes, I'm divorced. My ex got EVERYTHING. House, car, furniture, all of it
    (well, I got the dog <grin>). That's where it belongs - to take care of the
    kids.

    --
    My wife and I divorced over religious differences. She thought she was
    God and I didn't.

    Toolman Tim, Apr 6, 2006
  10. Steve Pake

    Alasdair Guest

    wrote:

    >My wife and I are selling our house and divorcing. Does she have any right
    >to take the furniture to use in her new home for her and the children, or is
    >it treated as an asset, whereby she would pay something to me towards it
    >second habd value?
    >
    >Steve (UK)

    Try and sort it out amicably if you can and sign agreement as to who
    gets what. The problem with UK family law is that the courts can
    overturn any agreements between the parties in the best interests of
    the children.

    The problems usually arise when solicitors ( a type of uk lawyer) get
    involved and pleasant amicable agreements turn into dog fights after
    (often) the woman is advised of all the rights she has and goes for
    it.

    Family courts in the UK tend to be biassed towards the wife as she is
    normally the one with custody of the children.

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Apr 7, 2006
  11. Steve Pake

    poonfrancis Guest

    You've got to brace for the lost of every single cent to her. As early as
    our planet existed, laws were made for women not men to survice, it would be
    otherwise if you weren't seeking legal aids.

    poonfrancis, Apr 7, 2006