    fred...cheers
    any1 know what Backdoor.Cabro is?, cos that was the other reported parasite
    in my reg.

    fredcromer, Jun 29, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    Ionizer Guest

    "fredcromer" <fred@refrobbedsol> wrote in message
    news:40e0e4b3$...
    > it's been reporting a virus in the my websearch/bar or a parasite of

    some
    > sort...'Websearch toollc' whatever that is....is it wise to send the

    file to
    > recycle bin?
    > fred...cheers
    > any1 know what Backdoor.Cabro is?, cos that was the other reported

    parasite
    > in my reg.

    Update AdAware- it might remove MyWebSearch. Or see this:
    http://www.spysweeper.com/mysearch-uninstall.html

    Backdoor.Cabro is a Trojan- and an older one at that:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.cabro.html

    You do end up with a lot of crap on your system don't you, Fred?

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 29, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    It's cos i bought it for 80 quid,no frills 64mb ram,4 gig hd.....no
    firewall,ZA too complicated and questions,questions....but i do admit that
    this recieving 20 + emails a day with attachments is getting tedious...I do
    have Mailwasher for 'em, also noadaware,spybot s+d,rambooster,and
    spysweeper, so i'm doin my best for a 4 month 'newbie', in the mid eighties,
    I wrote some computer progs in Basic, that were used at a local oil
    refinery...conoco-phillips...and 1 that sold for 1000quid but the bbc comp
    was given too, so the program(a bingo one for an arcade), went for around
    750 quid...I used to be quite good at one time with computers,.I hadn't
    touched one for 20 years up until 4 month ago Ian...bear with me mate
    All the best FRED

    fredcromer, Jun 29, 2004
  4. fredcromer

    > It's cos i bought it for 80 quid,no frills 64mb ram,4 gig hd.....no
    > firewall,ZA too complicated and questions,questions....but i do admit

    that
    > this recieving 20 + emails a day with attachments is getting tedious...I

    do
    > have Mailwasher for 'em, also noadaware,spybot s+d,rambooster,and
    > spysweeper, so i'm doin my best for a 4 month 'newbie', in the mid

    eighties,
    > I wrote some computer progs in Basic, that were used at a local oil
    > refinery...conoco-phillips...and 1 that sold for 1000quid but the bbc

    comp
    > was given too, so the program(a bingo one for an arcade), went for

    around
    > 750 quid...I used to be quite good at one time with computers,.I hadn't
    > touched one for 20 years up until 4 month ago Ian...bear with me mate
    > All the best FRED

    Hang in there, Fred. There's a learning curve involved, but there's a lot
    of fun to be had along the way.

    The free version of Zone Alarm really isn't all that complicated, and you
    really should have a firewall. Zone Alarm would have spotted that trojan
    of yours the first time it tried to phone home for instance, allowing you
    to take immediate steps to remove it.

    I've learned a great deal by reading through helpful newsgroups such as
    this one, and by talking to a couple of knowledgeable friends. I have
    also learned a lot by subscribing to this free email newsletter:
    http://www.langa.com/newsletter.htm Fred Langa has a wonderful way of
    explaining complex issues in a way that makes them easy to understand. I
    have subscribed to the newsletter since I bought my first computer five
    years ago, and I enjoy it so much that I ended up subscribing to the paid
    (Plus) edition.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Jun 29, 2004
  5. fredcromer wrote:

    > ZA too complicated

    You write programs, but ZoneAlarm is too complicated, huh.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiight.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Jun 29, 2004
  6. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    cheers mate, but it seems that there are certain newsgroup users,who for
    1.can't take any crap whotsoever,...after all, it's to be expected when my
    comps playin' up ,i'm gonna be frustrated, but it's good to see that you
    appreciate a newcomer,and the difficulties involved,especially virus' ,they
    absoloutely 'box' me...a guy in this newsgroup is sendin me emails i
    think,with attachments, what do i do about it, his name comes up in the
    'viewsource' email....but whaddya do,..i was a bit rude to him and he's a
    good commy user, i wish i'd have used a comp for the last 20 years, i reckon
    i'd be pretty fluent now in most aspects of IT..
    Cherrs for feedback, Ian.......FRED

    fredcromer, Jun 30, 2004
  7. fredcromer

    fredcromer Guest

    read the post pal, i said i DID....20 soddin years ago, also ,i used the
    words....'basic'...'BBC' and '1980's'....what's that got to do with ZA,you
    div?

    fredcromer, Jun 30, 2004