    it to come up with the msn websearch results. Why has this changed and how
    can i change it back,
    Thanks

    berkscouple_uk, Jan 2, 2004

  2. In article <bt498p$muh$>, berkscouple_uk69
    @hotmail.com says...
    > Hi, recently I've noticed when I type something into the IE "address bar" to
    > search for it, it comes up with the "My Way" websearch page, I would prefer
    > it to come up with the msn websearch results. Why has this changed

    You've probably installed some software that did it.

    > and how
    > can i change it back,

    Show the Search Bar, then click "Customize".

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 2, 2004

  3. Thanks for the reply, however, I tried "customise" and it came up with a
    "customise search settings" menu, "find a web page" was ticked and so was
    msn search, "find a map" was ticked and so was expedia, and "previous
    searches" was also ticked. I clicked on "autosearch settings" and the only
    option in the drop down menu was msn as a search provider, nowhere was "my
    way" mentioned. And it still comes up with a "my way" results page, how do i
    get rid of it?
    Thanks.

    berkscouple_uk, Jan 2, 2004
  4. On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:20:16 -0000, "berkscouple_uk"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, recently I've noticed when I type something into the IE "address bar" to
    >search for it, it comes up with the "My Way" websearch page, I would prefer
    >it to come up with the msn websearch results. Why has this changed and how
    >can i change it back,
    >Thanks

    You've become the unwilling recipient of a Browser Hijack virus.
    It poses as a legitimate search engine, but tracks your activities and
    sends the info back a spam site, which in turn uses the cookies to
    generate pop-ups on your browser.

    If you have a Spyware scanner, use it and rid the system of it. If
    not, get one.

    David A. Seiver, Jan 2, 2004
  5. berkscouple_uk

    Spider Guest

    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1
    "berkscouple_uk" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the reply, however, I tried "customise" and it came up with a
    > "customise search settings" menu, "find a web page" was ticked and so was
    > msn search, "find a map" was ticked and so was expedia, and "previous
    > searches" was also ticked. I clicked on "autosearch settings" and the only
    > option in the drop down menu was msn as a search provider, nowhere was "my
    > way" mentioned. And it still comes up with a "my way" results page, how do

    > get rid of it?

    My Way search is spyware. You need to run a spyware cleaner such as
    Ad-aware or Spybot to clean it up. Find either of them in the download
    section of http://www.spywareinfo.com . Once you run that, go to Control
    Panel / Internet Options and on the Programs tab, click "Reset Web Settings"
    --
    Spider

    Spider, Jan 2, 2004
  6. berkscouple_uk

    Boomer Guest

    "berkscouple_uk" <> wrote in

    > Hi, recently I've noticed when I type something into the IE
    > "address bar" to search for it, it comes up with the "My Way"
    > websearch page, I would prefer it to come up with the msn
    > websearch results. Why has this changed and how can i change it
    > back, Thanks

    Install, at least, the first three.
    Keep updated and use often. :)

    Ad-aware (Aims at Adware/Spyware.)
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    SpybotSD Aims for the dialers, trojans,
    hijackers and security/privacy issues.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Spyware Blaster

    http://vipmeister.com/dl/aspy/aspy.html

    StartupList, HijackThis and CoolWebShredder
    http://www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip
    http://www.merijn.org/htlogtutorial.html

    Info on above and more.

    Parasites: Cookies, Dialers, Keyloggers, Trackers
    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/bhoindex.htm

    ~ Spyware Information ~
    http://www.cexx.org/adware.htm

    ~Unsolicited commercial software list and info~
    http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/

    ~Other software~
    http://www.wilders.org/

    Newsgroup: alt.privacy.spyware

    Also serach Google and Googles archive for more information.

    Top 10 Tips to Keep Your Computer Virus-Free
    http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/topten.html

    Boomer, Jan 2, 2004
  7. Thanks for the help, will try spybot and adaware.

    berkscouple_uk, Jan 3, 2004
  8. berkscouple_uk

    Boomer Guest

    "berkscouple_uk" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the help, will try spybot and adaware.

    You're welcome. Post back, in this thread, if those don't help.

    Boomer, Jan 3, 2004