    reboot and be able to click through the installation.

    Otherwise, all is well.

    -Larry
    Larry Hodges, Mar 7, 2006

  2. Yes, I remember the day. Surprisingly uneventful here as well. The process,
    though, is the same if you do it by Booting off the CD, or from inside
    Windows, your chosen method saves you from seing the option to do the
    'repair install' since that is what is happening anyway when the machine
    re-boots.

    Your reminders are timely - in fact, this is what everyone should
    immediately do when they bring home that machine and have taken the decision
    to go 64bit.

    Greetings.

    Tony. . .

    "Larry Hodges" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, upgrade went reasonably smooth. I upgraded from within Windows rather
    > than booting off the CD. Chose the option to upgrade from there.
    >
    > The one issue I had was when prompted for my nForce mobo drivers. For

    those
    > of you without a 2nd computer, make sure you DL the drivers and unzip them
    > on a CD before upgrading. Fortunately, I have other workstations, so I
    > created a CD on one of them.
    >
    > The other issue was that during the installation of the mobo drivers, the
    > USB won't work until the driver installation is complete. Which

    means...if
    > you have your keyboard and mouse plugged into USB, you're sunk. I had to
    > dig up the USB / PS2 converters that I had deep in my junk drawer so I

    could

    Tony Sperling, Mar 8, 2006