My thoughts on 70-320

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Dale, Jul 15, 2004.

  1. Dale

    Dale Guest

    Here's a repost of what I put in the MCSD group. I figured some here may be
    interested as well. It may be a repost here, since I forgot a subject the
    first time and it doesn't seem to be showing up. Anyway; my 70-320
    thoughts.

    Let me tell you, Kalani's book is not nearly as on the mark for this test as
    it was for 70-315. I felt like I was taking the wrong exam! Acutally, the
    topics were the same but there were questions about things I had never heard
    of, and I read Kalani cover to cover twice and did every exercise and
    step-by-step at least once. Along with that, most areas I read in Kalani
    lead to long meanderings through MSDN and other sites on the topics and
    still MS made that exam look pretty foreign.

    As it was, I was able to answer about half of the questions absolutely
    without doubt.. I knew the answer for sure. The rest of them, I had to
    eliminate the obviously wrong answers and take my best guess from the rest.

    Oddly, on some of the questions, my elimination process absolutely
    eliminated all the answers... I would have to say that this was the most
    poorly written exam I have taken from Microsoft. There were some questions
    that none of the answers matched the scenario or that the scenario in no way
    provided enough information to conclude any of the answers but then what can
    you do except try to choose the least wrong answer. (I have verified my
    suspicions on some of the questions...There were not only no correct
    answers, there weren't even any "less wrong" answers. Some of the questions
    are just plain wrong. I'll let those who fail fight that out with MS.. I'm
    moving on to Longhorn and VS2005!)

    Well, over all, I guess I was able to choose the least wrong often enough!
    I'm just glad that one is over.

    Dale
    MCAD, MCSE, MCDBA

    Dale, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Dale

    Guest

    Hi dale,

    This is a long review. Do you recommend any other book in
    place of Amit Kalani's 70-320?

    I'll really appreciate your reply back on this.

    regards

    , Jul 19, 2004

  3. Dale

    lateralus Guest

    I agree with everything Dale has said. I did however only use the Exam Cram
    book from Kalani for the test. As Dale said, there are a lot of questions
    that cover material that I don't remember EVER going over while studying.
    Good luck to anybody that takes the test.

    lateralus, Jul 22, 2004