My "Testing" Experience

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by JesseTX, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. JesseTX

    JesseTX Guest

    Well, here is an interesting story on my testing, or lack of,
    experience.

    I was scheduled to take both A+ tests this morning through Prometric
    at my local New Horizons Computer Learning Center. I showed up 30
    minutes prior, just as the instructions from Prometric said to do. I
    told the lady I was there to take my A+ certification tests. She
    says, "our testing site is closed and has been for seven weeks,
    Prometric was supposed to notify everyone." She gave me the phone
    number to call Prometric and let me use their phone so I could
    rescedule the tests at a different location.

    I called Prometric, and after a while on hold, I was finally able to
    speak with someone. They said, yes the New Horizon's testing site is
    closed and we notified you via e-mail and with a postcard that you
    needed to rescedule.

    So anyway, I am now scheduled to take both tests on Nov 19th at a
    different location.

    One interesting thing to note, is the lady from Prometric said I had
    to take my tests by Nov 25th, because my vouchers were for the old
    test objectives, and couldn't be used for the new objectives. I was
    under the impression that vouchers were good for a year. In fact, the
    e-mail I got from Prometric when I scheduled in October says the
    "Registration expiration date" is Oct 9, 2004. I just got another
    confirmation e-mail with my new testing information, and it also says
    the expiration date is Oct 9, 2004. I did question her when she said
    I needed to test before the 25th, but didn't argue the point with her.
    It wasn't a big deal to me, as I want to test under the current
    objectives since that is what I studied for. But just to let others
    know, if you bought vouchers already, you may want to check to see if
    they are valid for the new tests that come out on November 26th.

    It's also interesting to note that New Horizon's closed for testing 7
    weeks ago, that would have been around October 1st. Yet, Prometric
    let me schedule my tests there on October 9th. Also, after I spoke
    with Prometric, the person from New Horizon's got on the phone with
    them and explained how they have people showing up every other day
    looking to test. So apparently Prometric didn't notify eveyone who
    was scheduled to test there like they claim they did.
    JesseTX, Nov 14, 2003

  2. JesseTX

    Pat Guest

    > I was scheduled to take both A+ tests this morning through Prometric
    > at my local New Horizons Computer Learning Center. I showed up 30
    > minutes prior, just as the instructions from Prometric said to do. I
    > told the lady I was there to take my A+ certification tests. She
    > says, "our testing site is closed and has been for seven weeks,
    > Prometric was supposed to notify everyone." She gave me the phone
    > number to call Prometric and let me use their phone so I could
    > rescedule the tests at a different location.

    Jesse, where are you located? I am hoping you won't say Dallas.

    Pat in TX
    Pat, Nov 14, 2003

  3. JesseTX

    JesseTX Guest

    On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:39:32 -0600, "Pat" <> wrote:

    >Jesse, where are you located? I am hoping you won't say Dallas.
    >
    >Pat in TX

    San Antonio
    JesseTX, Nov 14, 2003
  4. JesseTX

    blue Guest

    I tested with New Horizons in Des Moines in both September and October
    (the 30th). So, it's not all New Horizons.

    I also called ahead after scheduling to make sure they knew of my
    testing date and time.

    I would suggest to anyone who is scheduled to call your testing center
    to make sure they have you on their list. Also, it is a bad time to
    test... with 2001 going out and 2003 objectives coming in. I'm sure
    there are a lot more problems we will hear about in the next week.

    blue

    blue, Nov 15, 2003