    first place? This is very annoying!!

    Thanks!

    Stephanie
    Stephanie, Jul 24, 2003

  2. On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:43:18 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Stephanie in message

    > Hi, I am running windows 98SE and MIE 5.5. When I hit the "tab"
    > button on my keyboard, my monitor screen goes from MIE browser
    > window to MIE browser window (when I have multiple windows open).
    > This never used to happen. I used to be able to hit "tab" to go from
    > form field to form field on online forms that I fill out, on a
    > *single* browser page. I don't know what caused this. This has
    > happened to me before, and I some how managed to fix it, but I don't
    > know how I did it.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to correct this? And what did I do to cause
    > this in the first place? This is very annoying!!
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Stephanie

    Sounds like a stuck "Alt" key to me.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    No of SETI units returned: 1888
    The Old Sourdough, Jul 24, 2003

  3. Stephanie

    Stephanie Guest

    "The Old Sourdough" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:43:18 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    > boggled at the following statement by Stephanie in message
    >
    > [snip tab problem]
    >
    > Sounds like a stuck "Alt" key to me.

    You're right! Thank you Old Sourdough! I never even knew that's what "alt"
    was for, since I am a former Macintosh user.

    S.
    Stephanie, Jul 24, 2003
  4. Stephanie

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Stephanie said:

    > Hi, I am running windows 98SE and MIE 5.5. When I hit the "tab" button on my
    > keyboard, my monitor screen goes from MIE browser window to MIE browser
    > window (when I have multiple windows open). This never used to happen. I
    > used to be able to hit "tab" to go from form field to form field on online
    > forms that I fill out, on a *single* browser page. I don't know what caused
    > this. This has happened to me before, and I some how managed to fix it, but
    > I don't know how I did it.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to correct this? And what did I do to cause this in the
    > first place? This is very annoying!!
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Stephanie

    Are you holding down the Alt key at the same time as you use the tab key?
    That's what Alt+Tab's function is for, to swap through the open windows.
    Brian H¹©, Jul 24, 2003