    first time posting to YouTube. Hope you 'enjoy'
    the video!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZutPT8fbg

    Mardon, Dec 12, 2006

  2. On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 09:19:13 -0800, Mardon wrote
    (in article <lwBfh.468203$>):

    > I put some of my macro photos of spiders from this summer onto a video and
    > posted it to YouTube today. They are all stills taken with my 20D. It's my
    > first time posting to YouTube. Hope you 'enjoy'
    > the video!
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZutPT8fbg

    Personally, I would never post pictures on YouTube. It just does not seem to
    me to be the best way to show of my work. That said...

    Lose the music and weird graphics. It distracts from your work.

    The spiders are okay, but I think you want to work on your depth of field and
    focusing. Some of the images are cropped well beyond what the resolution will
    stand. And, of course, there are just the limitations of YouTube's display
    capability. YouTube will make even the greatest photos appear awful.

    There are plenty of photography sites out there that will show your pictures
    off to good advantage. I personally like Photography Cafe and Photographer's
    Corner. I also like the Trek photography web sites. Visit those for a bit and
    you will see why YouTube might not be up to your standards.

    Christopher Campbell, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Mardon

    Colin B Guest

    "Mardon" <> wrote in message
    >I put some of my macro photos of spiders from this summer onto a video and
    >posted it to YouTube today. They are all stills taken with my 20D. It's my
    >first time posting to YouTube. Hope you 'enjoy'
    > the video!
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZutPT8fbg

    Yes, very nicely put together, it just shows what can be done with your
    photographic work! Just one comment, I wonder whether you thought about the
    need to get copyright approval for the music, see this recent thread:

    http://www.photography-forums.com/showthread.php?s=7ff85fb3c3899d24df32fccdb462f271&t=79598&pp=10

    Colin B, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Mardon

    Mardon Guest

    "Christopher Campbell" <> wrote:

    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZutPT8fbg

    > Personally, I would never post pictures on YouTube. It just does not seem
    > me to be the best way to show of my work. That said...
    >
    > Lose the music and weird graphics. It distracts from your work.
    >
    > The spiders are okay, but I think you want to work on your depth of field
    > and
    > focusing. Some of the images are cropped well beyond what the resolution
    > will
    > stand. And, of course, there are just the limitations of YouTube's display
    > capability. YouTube will make even the greatest photos appear awful.
    >
    > There are plenty of photography sites out there that will show your
    > pictures
    > off to good advantage. I personally like Photography Cafe and
    > Photographer's
    > Corner. I also like the Trek photography web sites. Visit those for a bit
    > and
    > you will see why YouTube might not be up to your standards.

    YouTube is only for a bit of fun; not for serious photographers. I
    recognize that. I did the video for laughs. It's fun to try new stuff. I
    have my own web site were I display my 'real' photos. It's here:
    http://www.JustPhotos.ca

    Some of the photos used in my YouTube video are on my macros photos page
    here: http://www.JustPhotos.ca/galleries/macro/

    Getting good depth of field with extreme macros is pretty much impossible.
    Most of the spiders were under 7mm, many under 5mm and one of them was less
    than 2mm.

    Mardon, Dec 12, 2006
  5. Mardon

    Mardon Guest

    "Colin B" <Colin > wrote...

    > Yes, very nicely put together, it just shows what can be done with your
    > photographic work! Just one comment, I wonder whether you thought about
    > the need to get copyright approval for the music, see this recent thread:

    Thanks. No worry about copyright on the audio. I only use royalty free
    music or original clips created with Acid Music Studio software. Most
    royalty free music is on CD's that you purchase once and you're then free to
    use the music for soundtracks without any subsequent payment. There are
    also several web sites that provide free downloads of short royalty free
    clips (under 5 minutes sort of thing) without charge.

    Mardon, Dec 12, 2006
  6. On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 15:36:24 -0800, Mardon wrote
    (in article <Y1Hfh.401717$>):

    > http://www.JustPhotos.ca

    Wow! Very nice. I really like this.

    Christopher Campbell, Dec 13, 2006
  7. Mardon

    Mardon Guest

    Mardon, Dec 13, 2006
  8. Mardon

    John Turco Guest

    Mardon wrote:

    > "Colin B" <Colin > wrote...
    >
    > > Yes, very nicely put together, it just shows what can be done with your
    > > photographic work! Just one comment, I wonder whether you thought about
    > > the need to get copyright approval for the music, see this recent thread:

    > Thanks. No worry about copyright on the audio. I only use royalty free
    > music or original clips created with Acid Music Studio software. Most
    > royalty free music is on CD's that you purchase once and you're then free to
    > use the music for soundtracks without any subsequent payment. There are
    > also several web sites that provide free downloads of short royalty free
    > clips (under 5 minutes sort of thing) without charge.

    Hello, Mardon:

    That's all very well, but, did each of those spiders in question, sign a
    valid model release form? <G>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Dec 15, 2006
  9. Mardon

    Mardon Guest

    John Turco <> wrote:

    > Hello, Mardon:
    > That's all very well, but, did each of those spiders in question, sign
    > a valid model release form? <G>
    > Cordially,
    > John Turco <>

    No but I don't anticipate any lawsuits. I think those spiders were quit
    happy to exit the photo session with their lives in tact. My wife had
    other ideas. Model release aside, they were fortunate to have had a
    sympathetic photographer! ;) BTW, I did give the cast end-credits. Hope
    you noticed.

    Mardon, Dec 15, 2006
  10. Mardon

    John Turco Guest

    Mardon wrote:

    > John Turco <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello, Mardon:
    > > That's all very well, but, did each of those spiders in question, sign
    > > a valid model release form? <G>
    > > Cordially,
    > > John Turco <>

    > No but I don't anticipate any lawsuits. I think those spiders were quit
    > happy to exit the photo session with their lives in tact. My wife had
    > other ideas. Model release aside, they were fortunate to have had a
    > sympathetic photographer! ;) BTW, I did give the cast end-credits. Hope
    > you noticed.

    Hello, Mardon:

    Uh, no; I didn't bother viewing your photogenic critters, personally, as
    I hate bug pics. <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Dec 17, 2006