    I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    have done nothing new to my computer. But it says my soundcard is
    missing. I discovered it when I tried to play music. Please help!
    Barbara L, Feb 28, 2009

  2. Barbara L

    VanguardLH Guest

    Scream louder (subject = all caps). You're too far away.
    VanguardLH, Feb 28, 2009

  3. Barbara L

    Kenneth Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:01:35 -0800 (PST), Barbara L
    <> wrote:

    >I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    >have done nothing new to my computer. But it says my soundcard is
    >missing. I discovered it when I tried to play music. Please help!

    Howdy,

    With your system, you should have received a disc that has
    all the drivers on it.

    If so, run it, and re-install the soundcard driver.

    If not, go to www.support.dell.com, and follow the steps to
    download the driver from there.

    All the best,
    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Feb 28, 2009
  4. Barbara L

    Kenneth Guest

    On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 13:13:53 -0600, VanguardLH <>
    wrote:

    >Scream louder (subject = all caps). You're too far away.

    'probably assumed you could not hear her because she can't
    hear you...
    --
    Kenneth

    Kenneth, Feb 28, 2009
  5. Barbara L wrote:
    > I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    > have done nothing new to my computer. But it says my soundcard is
    > missing. I discovered it when I tried to play music. Please help!

    Magic gnomes from teh intanets hace estolen it...
    Please to be inserting american cheese slice into your drive bay window...

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com
    §ñühw¤£f, Feb 28, 2009
  6. Barbara L

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 28, 7:01 pm, Barbara L <> wrote:
    > I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    > have done nothing new to my computer.  But it says my soundcard is
    > missing.  I discovered it when I tried to play music.  Please help!

    Name of sound card, please.
    sandy58, Mar 1, 2009
  7. Barbara L

    tom Guest

    Barbara L wrote:
    > I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    > have done nothing new to my computer. But it says my soundcard is
    > missing. I discovered it when I tried to play music. Please help!

    Thats why Xp/vista has a System restore .
    But first Move the files u have in My documents to a new directory...
    System restory will Empty out C"\ My Documents
    tom, Mar 1, 2009
  8. In message <>,
    sandy58 wrote:
    > On Feb 28, 7:01 pm, Barbara L <> wrote:
    > > I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    > > have done nothing new to my computer.  But it says my soundcard is
    > > missing.  I discovered it when I tried to play music.  Please help!

    > Name of sound card, please.

    Jim

    -James Madison
    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 1, 2009
  9. Barbara L

    gregg Guest

    "John H. Guillory" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 02:26:36 -0800 (PST), sandy58
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Feb 28, 7:01 pm, Barbara L <> wrote:
    >>> I ran some new av and spyware software last night but other than that
    >>> have done nothing new to my computer. But it says my soundcard is
    >>> missing. I discovered it when I tried to play music. Please help!

    >>Name of sound card, please.

    > Just a hunch, check your windows/system32 directory for a "beep.sys"
    > file, if it's missing, the anti-virus / anti-spyware might have
    > deleted it due to a virus infection, if so, it may have zapped your
    > sound drivers... I know on my system, I deleted it because I was told
    > it was infected, when I did, I lost all sound.... I copied the file
    > form a windows/xp disk and it started working again till something
    > deleted the file, so I copied it back and later copied the original
    > compressed fille so next time it deletes it or corrupts it, I can just
    > decompress it....

    Go to http://support.dell.com, navigate to your laptop model, download and
    install sound drivers. It will be an executable file. Should be an easy fix.

    Gregg
    gregg, Mar 4, 2009