    need to do.
    Can my player be made multi region using the remote.

    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Steve, Apr 28, 2004

  2. On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:32:59 +0100, "Steve"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
    >another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
    >Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
    >need to do.
    >Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
    >
    >Thank you in advance for any help.

    connect the dvd to the tv with a fully wired 21 pin scart cable and
    select rgb as the output method from the dvd drive.
    Gary MacKenzie, Apr 28, 2004

  3. Steve

    Biz Guest

    Steve wrote:
    > I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
    > another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
    > Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
    > need to do.
    > Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help.

    If it played it then it indeed is region free. YOu may be dealing with
    a PAL/NTSC issue. I *think* you are in the UK, so you need to check how
    your dvd player plays back NTSC material, and how your tv needs to be
    set to display it, if it can. The argument can be reversed if you are
    in an NTSC region.
    Biz, Apr 28, 2004
  4. Steve

    Sparky Guest

    I have a cheap dawoo sp? and every now and again I hit the wrong
    button and it switches to black & white. I don't know why that
    feature is there- but it is. I simply push the button again- and
    color is back.

    Maybe you have a similar issue?

    <> wrote:

    >I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
    >another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
    >Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
    >need to do.
    >Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
    >
    >Thank you in advance for any help.

    -Sparky

    "She's mine, mine, mine you hear- you have all the wives you need!"
    -Torgo
    Sparky, Apr 29, 2004
  5. Steve

    Ivan IV Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
    > another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
    > Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
    > need to do.
    > Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for any help.

    Fully connected SCART & RGB output should solve the problem - signal thus
    by-passes the colour decoder in TV that obviously cannot handle either NTSC
    or PAL. BTW some DVDs can output so called PAL60, which is an original
    signal with 60Hz refresh rate, but with colours coded in PAL.

    Ivan
    Ivan IV, Apr 29, 2004
  6. "Ivan IV" <> wrote in message
    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a Sony DVP-NS305 which I thought was region free. After putting
    > > another region DVD in it plays in black and white.
    > > Does this mean I do not have multi region or is it something else that I
    > > need to do.
    > > Can my player be made multi region using the remote.
    > >
    > > Thank you in advance for any help.
    > >

    > Fully connected SCART & RGB output should solve the problem - signal thus
    > by-passes the colour decoder in TV that obviously cannot handle either

    NTSC
    > or PAL. BTW some DVDs can output so called PAL60, which is an original
    > signal with 60Hz refresh rate, but with colours coded in PAL.

    Actually known as PAL-M which is a legitimate video format. It is the
    system used in Brazil and one or two other South American countries.

    Ian.
    The Electric Fan Club, Apr 29, 2004
  7. Steve

    molly w

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    only blue

    after being silly and putting in a Blu ray my sony DVP-NS305 will only show a blue screen

    is it for the bin - molly
    molly w, Feb 11, 2010