    works with My Sky?

    TIA
    Bazza
    Bazza, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Bazza

    Now I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question of my
    own now...... What does the RCE do with Sky Digital at present? Is it
    related to recording??

    Mark

    "Bazza" <> wrote in message
    >I have been using Sky Digital with a Dick Smith Remote Control
    > Extender (IR300) and a One For All (URC7544) remote control.
    >
    > However, having changed to My Sky, the decoder does not recognize the
    > output of the Remote Control Extender (when using the My Sky Remote
    > for input).
    >
    > Does anyone know of a remote control extender that works with My Sky?
    > While I am at it, does anyone know the setup code for the URC7544 to
    > imitate My Sky (I am feeling lucky :) or know of a remote control that
    > works with My Sky?
    >
    > TIA
    > Bazza

  3. Bazza

    Bazza Guest

    On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:42:32 +1300, "Mark Ascroft"
    <> wrote:

    >Now I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question of my
    >own now...... What does the RCE do with Sky Digital at present? Is it
    >related to recording??
    >
    >Mark

    The Remote Control Extender (RCE) consists of a transmitter and
    receiver. You point a remote control at the transmitter and press a
    key on the remote control. The RCE signals the key to the receiver
    which sends an infrared signal to the decoder. I use the RCE to
    control the decoder from another room.

    Bazza
    Bazza, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Bazza

    marka Guest

    Thanks - yeah looked it up dse.co.nz. Thought it have been related to remote
    control blaster? thingie that would change the channel at the same time as a
    PVR sort of thing on your PC. Think they have them in the US. Otherwise you
    need to set the timers separately. (or just buy a My Sky!) :)

    M.

    marka, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Bazza

    cyril Guest

    Just asking the obvious, but I guess you have the IR Tx part pointing
    at the right hole on the MySky. Also the RF2 out of the MySky supports
    remote IR pickup devices, you need to go into one of the menus and turn
    the RF2 power on, then you can connect a TVlink adaptor on the coax
    feed to the remote TV, check the following link

    http://www.tvlink.co.uk/tvlink.htm

    You can get the pickups for around 13quid via the online store. With
    these units you just have a IR pickup in the remote room, this couples
    into the RF feed back to the STB and the remote codes are pushed backup
    the RF2 output. The RF2 output supports this as well as outputs a 9V DC
    feed to power the IR pickups.

    But back to you question, there should be no reason for the IR repeater
    not working on this box as opposed to any other.

    Cyril
    cyril, Jan 10, 2006
  6. Bazza

    Bazza Guest

    On 9 Jan 2006 19:08:02 -0800, "cyril" <> wrote:

    >Just asking the obvious, but I guess you have the IR Tx part pointing
    >at the right hole on the MySky.

    The transmitter and receiver both wink when the remote key is pressed,
    I have tried the extender's receiver and the remote receiver in all
    positions (near and far) in front of the IR receiver of the decoder.
    The decoder just does not understand the signal from the extender.
    > Also the RF2 out of the MySky supports
    >remote IR pickup devices, you need to go into one of the menus and turn
    >the RF2 power on, then you can connect a TVlink adaptor on the coax
    >feed to the remote TV, check the following link
    >
    >http://www.tvlink.co.uk/tvlink.htm
    >
    >You can get the pickups for around 13quid via the online store. With
    >these units you just have a IR pickup in the remote room, this couples
    >into the RF feed back to the STB and the remote codes are pushed backup
    >the RF2 output. The RF2 output supports this as well as outputs a 9V DC
    >feed to power the IR pickups.

    Unfortunately, I am using S-Video to a computer.

    >But back to you question, there should be no reason for the IR repeater
    >not working on this box as opposed to any other.
    >
    >Cyril

    Thanks for your time Cyril.
    Bazza
    Bazza, Jan 10, 2006