    similar websites in Newquay so I was wondering if any1 is able to take
    this website off google without my knowledge(other than google itself).
    If it isn't google is there anyway I can take them to court for damages?
    RogerRamJet, Apr 11, 2006

  2. RogerRamJet

    vbMark Guest

    "RogerRamJet" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I run a Advertising website for Newquay, my site was pretty high on
    > most types of conent related search on google, now I realise that site
    > can go up and down rankings, but mine has completely dropped off the
    > map this month.

    Be sure that you are not violating any of their Terms.

    > I have had threats of hacking etc from people who run
    > similar websites in Newquay so I was wondering if any1 is able to take
    > this website off google without my knowledge(other than google itself).
    > If it isn't google is there anyway I can take them to court for damages?

    (IANAL) You would probably have to prove who, what, where, why, how, when.
    --
    Have you washed your elbows at http://www.vbmark.com
    vbMark, Apr 11, 2006

  3. RogerRamJet

    Vanguard Guest

    "RogerRamJet" <> wrote in message
    >I run a Advertising website for Newquay, my site was pretty high on
    > most types of conent related search on google, now I realise that site
    > can go up and down rankings, but mine has completely dropped off the
    > map this month. I have had threats of hacking etc from people who run
    > similar websites in Newquay so I was wondering if any1 is able to take
    > this website off google without my knowledge(other than google
    > itself).
    > If it isn't google is there anyway I can take them to court for
    > damages?

    If you are relying on a FREE search engine (Google is just one of
    several), just how are you going to collect damages for no longer being
    listed in a service with which you never had a contract?

    Before making wild and foolish legal claims about perceived losses for
    services that you never contracted, go get a lawyer.
    Vanguard, Apr 11, 2006
  4. RogerRamJet

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-04-11, RogerRamJet <> wrote:
    > I run a Advertising website for Newquay, my site was pretty high on
    > most types of conent related search on google, now I realise that site
    > can go up and down rankings, but mine has completely dropped off the
    > map this month. I have had threats of hacking etc from people who run
    > similar websites in Newquay so I was wondering if any1 is able to take
    > this website off google without my knowledge(other than google itself).
    > If it isn't google is there anyway I can take them to court for damages?

    Ask Google. (This international public newsgroup is not Google, it has
    nothing to do with Google, and you won't get an answer from Google by
    posting here - even though you did use the notorious Google Groups
    web-forum interface to newsgroups to post your question).

    I suggest that you start here <http://www.google.co.uk/about.html>.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 11, 2006