    on My Sip Switches, number plan script language?

    Thanks for advising

    Adrian
    1506, May 28, 2009

  2. I've tried asking about this before but no one helped I think all in
    all Voip is more trouble than it's worth.
    Steve Hammond, May 28, 2009

  3. 1506

    Paulg0 Guest

    "1506" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone here share their experiences with My Sip Switch? Have they
    > been positive, or negative? What have been the pros and cons?
    >
    > My first attempt to utilize this service failed because my ATA, a D-
    > Link DVG-2001S, would not register with an alpha numeric account
    > name. I deregistered, and set of a new account with a numeric
    > "name". I have yet to try to use the new account.
    >
    > Also, does anyone know where I can find a tutorial, or find any help,
    > on My Sip Switches, number plan script language?

    I moved over from Voxalot to mysipswitch about a month ago and it has been
    very good (bar 1 outage for a few hours) The dial plans take a bit of
    working out but once you get the hang of it you realise that the whole
    system can be very flexible. There is also a dial plan wizard which helps
    you set up your initial basic dial plan. Overall I would reccomend
    mysipswitch as a free alternative to services like Voxalot......

    Paul
    Paulg0, May 28, 2009
  4. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On May 28, 11:05 am, "Paulg0" <> wrote:
    > "1506" <> wrote in message

    > > Can anyone here share their experiences with My Sip Switch?  Have they
    > > been positive, or negative?  What have been the pros and cons?

    > > My first attempt to utilize this service failed because my ATA, a D-
    > > Link  DVG-2001S, would not register with an alpha numeric account
    > > name.  I deregistered, and set of a new account with a numeric
    > > "name".  I have yet to try to use the new account.

    > > Also, does anyone know where I can find a tutorial, or find any help,
    > > on My Sip Switches, number plan script language?

    > I moved over from Voxalot to mysipswitch about a month ago and it has been
    > very good (bar 1 outage for a few hours) The dial plans take a bit of
    > working out but once you get the hang of it you realise that the whole
    > system can be very flexible. There is also a dial plan wizard which helps
    > you set up your initial basic dial plan. Overall I would reccomend
    > mysipswitch as a free alternative to services like Voxalot......
    >
    > Paul

    Thank you. I will try to reconfigure my ATA this weekend. My Voip
    providers are AQL and Sipgate.
    1506, May 28, 2009
  5. 1506

    Graham. Guest

    > Can anyone here share their experiences with My Sip Switch? Have they
    > been positive, or negative? What have been the pros and cons?
    >
    > My first attempt to utilize this service failed because my ATA, a D-
    > Link DVG-2001S, would not register with an alpha numeric account
    > name. I deregistered, and set of a new account with a numeric
    > "name". I have yet to try to use the new account.
    >
    > Also, does anyone know where I can find a tutorial, or find any help,
    > on My Sip Switches, number plan script language?
    >
    > Thanks for advising
    >
    > Adrian

    Odd that you can't get the ATA to register, I can't see why
    a numeric user-name would make a difference.
    Have you tried Voxalot, which is similaly popular?

    Another service that I use is pbxes.com which has an Asterisk at
    Home / Trixbox type interface.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., May 28, 2009
  6. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On May 28, 11:44 am, "Graham." <> wrote:
    > > Can anyone here share their experiences with My Sip Switch?  Have they
    > > been positive, or negative?  What have been the pros and cons?

    > > My first attempt to utilize this service failed because my ATA, a D-
    > > Link  DVG-2001S, would not register with an alpha numeric account
    > > name.  I deregistered, and set of a new account with a numeric
    > > "name".  I have yet to try to use the new account.

    > > Also, does anyone know where I can find a tutorial, or find any help,
    > > on My Sip Switches, number plan script language?

    > > Thanks for advising

    > > Adrian

    > Odd that you can't get the ATA to register, I can't see why
    > a numeric user-name would make a difference.

    It is a feature of that particular ATA, the DVG-2001S.

    > Have you tried Voxalot, which is similaly popular?

    No, I will check it out.

    > Another service that I use is pbxes.com which has an Asterisk at
    > Home / Trixbox type interface.

    One thing I do not undersatand is: My Sip Switch purports to be a free
    service. Apparently I can route my numbers to a PSTN number. What is
    to stop anyone from creating a free gateway to their mobile number?
    It makes little sense.

    This weekend I will re-configure my ATA and run MSS's script wizard.
    1506, May 28, 2009
  7. In article <>,
    1506 <> wrote:

    >One thing I do not undersatand is: My Sip Switch purports to be a free
    >service. Apparently I can route my numbers to a PSTN number. What is
    >to stop anyone from creating a free gateway to their mobile number?
    >It makes little sense.

    I suspect you're mis-interperting the blurb...

    These services allow you to have one SIP device, and register many SIP
    services. You then select which SIP service you connect to by either
    dialling a prefix, or having something a bit more intelligent in the
    service choose the SIP service for you.

    So if setup correctly, you phone a number and the service decides which
    SIP service to use - so for mobiles, it might use one service, but for
    landlines, another, US calls a third, and so on.

    It's up to you to have these services programmed into the service and
    to know which one you want to use for which calls.

    I don't actually know what these services get out of it at all -
    once you've got it set up, you don't need to visit their website, so
    no advertising potential - however they do hold all your username and
    passwords to all your SIP services... They could intercept the calls
    and play adverts to you... Or rip you off, making calls on your behalf
    (although they'd die the same hour if they tried that as people would
    notice!)

    If I had many SIP service to juggle, I'd get a multi-account device,
    or run my own Asterisk server.. (now there's a thought ;-)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, May 28, 2009
  8. 1506

    alexd Guest

    Steve Hammond wrote:

    > I've tried asking about this before but no one helped I think all in
    > all Voip is more trouble than it's worth.

    Why are you posting here then?

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    23:16:03 up 22 days, 2:30, 1 user, load average: 0.14, 0.12, 0.09
    alexd, May 28, 2009
  9. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On May 28, 1:00 pm, Gordon Henderson <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    >
    > 1506  <> wrote:
    > >One thing I do not undersatand is: My Sip Switch purports to be a free
    > >service.  Apparently I can route my numbers to a PSTN number.  What is
    > >to stop anyone from creating a free gateway to their mobile number?
    > >It makes little sense.

    > I suspect you're mis-interperting the blurb...
    >
    > These services allow you to have one SIP device, and register many SIP
    > services. You then select which SIP service you connect to by either
    > dialling a prefix, or having something a bit more intelligent in the
    > service choose the SIP service for you.
    >
    > So if setup correctly, you phone a number and the service decides which
    > SIP service to use - so for mobiles, it might use one service, but for
    > landlines, another, US calls a third, and so on.

    OK, I think I get it. So, the service will dial out using one of my
    accounts, and IT will bill me accordingly.

    > It's up to you to have these services programmed into the service and
    > to know which one you want to use for which calls.

    Yup, the challenge of scripting. I did a little earlier. With a some
    practice I can do this. :)

    > I don't actually know what these services get out of it at all -
    > once you've got it set up, you don't need to visit their website, so
    > no advertising potential - however they do hold all your username and
    > passwords to all your SIP services... They could intercept the calls
    > and play adverts to you... Or rip you off, making calls on your behalf
    > (although they'd die the same hour if they tried that as people would
    > notice!)

    Maybe it wil become a paying service. I am still trying to figure out
    Google Voice's business plan!

    > If I had many SIP service to juggle, I'd get a multi-account device,
    > or run my own Asterisk server.. (now there's a thought ;-)

    I have a Fritz!box. I bricked it when I tried to update the
    firmware. Now I am using some D-Link DVG-2001S's. They are small
    and simple. That works for me.

    Thanks for your advice

    Adrian
    1506, May 28, 2009
  10. 1506

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Fritz firmware (was: My Sip Switch)

    In news:,
    1506 <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    reason:

    [snip]

    : I have a Fritz!box. I bricked it when I tried to update the
    : firmware. Now I am using some D-Link DVG-2001S's. They are small
    : and simple. That works for me.

    Which Fritz!Box..? There is recovery software available which will allow
    you to restore the box to a working state.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 29, 2009
  11. 1506

    Guest

    Gordon Henderson schreef:
    > In article <>,
    > 1506 <> wrote:
    >
    >> One thing I do not undersatand is: My Sip Switch purports to be a free
    >> service. Apparently I can route my numbers to a PSTN number. What is
    >> to stop anyone from creating a free gateway to their mobile number?
    >> It makes little sense.

    > I suspect you're mis-interperting the blurb...
    >
    > These services allow you to have one SIP device, and register many SIP
    > services. You then select which SIP service you connect to by either
    > dialling a prefix, or having something a bit more intelligent in the
    > service choose the SIP service for you.
    >
    > So if setup correctly, you phone a number and the service decides which
    > SIP service to use - so for mobiles, it might use one service, but for
    > landlines, another, US calls a third, and so on.
    >
    > It's up to you to have these services programmed into the service and
    > to know which one you want to use for which calls.
    >
    > I don't actually know what these services get out of it at all -
    > once you've got it set up, you don't need to visit their website, so
    > no advertising potential - however they do hold all your username and
    > passwords to all your SIP services... They could intercept the calls
    > and play adverts to you... Or rip you off, making calls on your behalf
    > (although they'd die the same hour if they tried that as people would
    > notice!)
    >
    > If I had many SIP service to juggle, I'd get a multi-account device,
    > or run my own Asterisk server.. (now there's a thought ;-)
    >
    > Gordon

    Read again.... Most of the VoIP services are betamax based, and detect
    when you are not using a unique (your own) IP address, like that of
    Mysipswitch, which is used by many users.
    Calling a mobile phone will cost always money, from the voip account you
    have installed at Mysipswitch, Mysipswitch does not dial itself it only
    switches, by SIP, and does not handle audio.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , May 29, 2009
  12. 1506

    1506 Guest

    Re: Fritz firmware (was: My Sip Switch)

    On May 28, 10:56 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > Innews:,
    > 1506 <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    > reason:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > : I have a Fritz!box.  I bricked it when I tried to update the
    > : firmware.  Now I am using some D-Link  DVG-2001S's.  They are small
    > : and simple.  That works for me.
    >
    > Which Fritz!Box..? There is recovery software available which will allow
    > you to restore the box to a working state.
    >
    > Ivor

    Thanks Ivor,

    I have the "non wireless" fon ata. According to some old notes I
    have: Dialing #991*15901590* from a connected 'phone should also reset
    the box. I will then need to reload English Language firmware. I
    will try to give this a go over the weekend.
    1506, May 29, 2009
  13. 1506

    Paulg0 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Read again.... Most of the VoIP services are betamax based, and detect
    > when you are not using a unique (your own) IP address, like that of
    > Mysipswitch, which is used by many users.
    > Calling a mobile phone will cost always money, from the voip account you
    > have installed at Mysipswitch, Mysipswitch does not dial itself it only
    > switches, by SIP, and does not handle audio.

    The IP address thing has been fixed within mysipswitch. I'm certainly
    getting my free calls through Betamax providers..... I seem to remember it
    was something to do with entering a custom header in the provider settings.
    Looking at my settings I have entered: P-src-ip: 82.44.211.xxx on my
    Voipcheap settings

    Paul
    Paulg0, May 29, 2009
  14. 1506

    Guest

    Paulg0 schreef:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Read again.... Most of the VoIP services are betamax based, and detect
    >> when you are not using a unique (your own) IP address, like that of
    >> Mysipswitch, which is used by many users.
    >> Calling a mobile phone will cost always money, from the voip account
    >> you have installed at Mysipswitch, Mysipswitch does not dial itself it
    >> only switches, by SIP, and does not handle audio.

    > The IP address thing has been fixed within mysipswitch. I'm certainly
    > getting my free calls through Betamax providers..... I seem to remember
    > it was something to do with entering a custom header in the provider
    > settings. Looking at my settings I have entered: P-src-ip: 82.44.211.xxx
    > on my Voipcheap settings
    >
    > Paul

    And no combination with Voxalot ? i thought, thay only worked for some time,
    And you needed to have the betamax installed at Voxalot, and then have
    that to "come in" on Mysipswitch, with that special header setting.

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , May 29, 2009
  15. 1506

    Paulg0 Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > And no combination with Voxalot ? i thought, thay only worked for some
    > time,
    > And you needed to have the betamax installed at Voxalot, and then have
    > that to "come in" on Mysipswitch, with that special header setting.

    I haven't used Voxalot for about 2 months but when i was using it free calls
    via Betamax worked without any special settings. I don't know if anything
    may have changed with that over the last few weeks.....

    Paul
    Paulg0, May 29, 2009
  16. 1506

    Guest

    Paulg0 schreef:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> And no combination with Voxalot ? i thought, that only worked for some
    >> time,
    >> And you needed to have the betamax installed at Voxalot, and then have
    >> that to "come in" on Mysipswitch, with that special header setting.

    > I haven't used Voxalot for about 2 months but when i was using it free
    > calls via Betamax worked without any special settings. I don't know if
    > anything may have changed with that over the last few weeks.....
    >
    > Paul

    So you do still need Voxalot for it, not just Mysipswitch ?

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , May 30, 2009
  17. 1506

    1506 Guest

    Re: Fritz firmware (was: My Sip Switch)

    On May 28, 10:56 pm, "Ivor Jones" <> wrote:
    > Innews:,
    > 1506 <> typed, for some strange, unexplained
    > reason:
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > : I have a Fritz!box.  I bricked it when I tried to update the
    > : firmware.  Now I am using some D-Link  DVG-2001S's.  They are small
    > : and simple.  That works for me.
    >
    > Which Fritz!Box..? There is recovery software available which will allow
    > you to restore the box to a working state.
    >
    > Ivor

    Thanks again for the advice Ivor. I downloaded the recovery
    software. I ran it with USB link between my Notebook and my Fritz!
    box. Unfortunately not much happened. I also tried dialing
    #991*15901590* My Fritz!box fon ata is still non functional. :-(
    1506, Jun 1, 2009
  18. 1506

    1506 Guest

    On May 29, 5:37 am, wrote:
    > Gordon Henderson schreef:
    >

    > > In article <>,
    > > 1506  <> wrote:

    > >> One thing I do not undersatand is: My Sip Switch purports to be a free
    > >> service.  Apparently I can route my numbers to a PSTN number.  What is
    > >> to stop anyone from creating a free gateway to their mobile number?
    > >> It makes little sense.

    > > I suspect you're mis-interperting the blurb...

    > > These services allow you to have one SIP device, and register many SIP
    > > services. You then select which SIP service you connect to by either
    > > dialling a prefix, or having something a bit more intelligent in the
    > > service choose the SIP service for you.

    > > So if setup correctly, you phone a number and the service decides which
    > > SIP service to use - so for mobiles, it might use one service, but for
    > > landlines, another, US calls a third, and so on.

    > > It's up to you to have these services programmed into the service and
    > > to know which one you want to use for which calls.

    > > I don't actually know what these services get out of it at all -
    > > once you've got it set up, you don't need to visit their website, so
    > > no advertising potential - however they do hold all your username and
    > > passwords to all your SIP services... They could intercept the calls
    > > and play adverts to you... Or rip you off, making calls on your behalf
    > > (although they'd die the same hour if they tried that as people would
    > > notice!)

    > > If I had many SIP service to juggle, I'd get a multi-account device,
    > > or run my own Asterisk server.. (now there's a thought ;-)

    > > Gordon

    > Read again.... Most of the VoIP services are betamax based, and detect
    > when you are not using a unique (your own) IP address, like that of
    > Mysipswitch, which is used by many users.
    > Calling a mobile phone will cost always money, from the voip account you
    > have installed at Mysipswitch, Mysipswitch does not dial itself it only
    > switches, by SIP, and does not handle audio.
    >
    > --
    > Bedankt, Thanks,
    >
    > The Fug.
    >
    >   VoIP/SIP switched by:www.mysipswitch.com

    I tried to configure my DVG-2001s this weekend. I could reach
    voicemail on dialed numbers. Unfrotunately the 'phones at dialed
    numbers did not ring. I have reverted to my previous configuration,
    Sipgate. I may try again next weeked.
    1506, Jun 1, 2009
  19. 1506

    Hongtian Guest

    > > switches, by SIP, and does not handle audio.
    >
    > > --
    > > Bedankt, Thanks,

    > > The Fug.

    > >   VoIP/SIP switched by:www.mysipswitch.com

    > I tried to configure my DVG-2001s this weekend.  I could reach
    > voicemail on dialed numbers.  Unfrotunately the 'phones at dialed
    > numbers did not ring.  I have reverted to my previous configuration,
    > Sipgate.  I may try again next weeked.

    Why so hard to establish a VOIP environment? I would like to suggest
    following step by step document:

    http://www.myvoipapp.com/minisipserver/faq/setup_ippbx_for_small_business_step_by_step/index.html

    You will find it is so easy to establish a VOIP network.

    Good luck.
    Hongtian, Jun 2, 2009
  20. 1506

    sipSdkGuru Guest