    direction. Thanks!!!

    Sandy

    sandy, Aug 18, 2007

  2. "sandy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've tried to pretend that I know what I'm doing and played at fixing
    > it with no luck. I tried going back (Windows XP) to an earler date
    > and tried going to help and adjusting the screen size (where it lets
    > you click arrows to position the screen. But my screen is too wide
    > (both right and left). If I move it to the left so that I can see the
    > first row of icons on my desktop, then I can't see the minimize/
    > maximize buttons or the up/down arrows to see further down on the
    > page, on the right. Can you help and steer me in the right
    > direction. Thanks!!!
    >
    > Sandy

    It may be your monitor which needs adjusting, rather than the software.
    There is usually a 'menu' button somewhere on the monitor (sometimes under a
    pull-down flap) which allows you to adjust picture height, width and
    position.

    Tim.
    . . . . Timothy . . . . ., Aug 18, 2007

  3. sandy

    sandy58 Guest

    On Aug 18, 3:12 pm, sandy <> wrote:
    > I've tried to pretend that I know what I'm doing and played at fixing
    > it with no luck. I tried going back (Windows XP) to an earler date
    > and tried going to help and adjusting the screen size (where it lets
    > you click arrows to position the screen. But my screen is too wide
    > (both right and left). If I move it to the left so that I can see the
    > first row of icons on my desktop, then I can't see the minimize/
    > maximize buttons or the up/down arrows to see further down on the
    > page, on the right. Can you help and steer me in the right
    > direction. Thanks!!!
    >
    > Sandy
    >
    > Sandy

    Try start>control panel>display>settings & juggle the setting to get
    your screen to a workable size temporarily. Then take it from there.
    sandy58, Aug 18, 2007
  4. sandy

    Soul Bandit Guest

    On Aug 18, 9:12 am, sandy <> wrote:
    > I've tried to pretend that I know what I'm doing and played at fixing
    > it with no luck. I tried going back (Windows XP) to an earler date
    > and tried going to help and adjusting the screen size (where it lets
    > you click arrows to position the screen. But my screen is too wide
    > (both right and left). If I move it to the left so that I can see the
    > first row of icons on my desktop, then I can't see the minimize/
    > maximize buttons or the up/down arrows to see further down on the
    > page, on the right. Can you help and steer me in the right
    > direction. Thanks!!!
    >
    > Sandy
    >
    > Sandy

    Have you tried to adjut the monitor screen size manually? Ie. my
    monitor has a button behind a door on it that allows you to manually
    adjust the screen size and position... a couple of the other monitors
    I've used had a button near the power button that allows you to adjust
    the screen size and position.
    Soul Bandit, Aug 19, 2007
  5. sandy

    sandy Guest

    Thanks! I found the buttons to adjust the monitor and I can now see
    both sides of my screen. It actually doesn't look the same as it used
    to though (the scroll up/down area is much narrower than it used to be
    and the print size seems a little different (maybe). But at least I
    can see the full screen now and have learned a little about my
    monitor.

    Thanks again!

    Sandy
    sandy, Aug 19, 2007
  6. Maybe I'm not getting it, but the monitor has 4 settings that play into your
    trouble. Well, 2 really. There is Vertical Size and Position, and Horizontal
    Size and Position. Your complaint is the second two.

    You need to reduce the horizontal size until you can see the whole screen,
    then adjust the horizontal position until it is centered. Once you have it
    centered and can see everytyhing, then you may want to go back to the
    horizontal size and set the image to fill the screen.

    Vertical Size and Postion do the same thing, but up & down instead of left &
    right.

    Make the size smaller than the screen so that a black margin exists, then
    adjust the position so tha tthe black area is the same on the sides or top
    and bottom (depending on which you are adjusting), then adjust the size so
    the image fills the black borders.

    These adjustments are done with the buttons on the monitor, they are not
    done from the PC.

    Jeff Strickland, Aug 31, 2007