    Can someone give me an advise??

    Thank you.
    , Apr 23, 2005

  2. Sultan Guest

    wrote in
    news::

    > Hallo all,
    >
    > Maybe you can help me.
    >
    > I had a PC crash and have to reinstall the software ScanWizard 5

    for my
    > Microtek Scanmaker V6usl scanner. I use the latest drivers from the
    > website of Microtek. I'm working with Windows XP Pro US-version

    with the
    > latest updates and Service Pack 2
    >
    > But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the

    software
    > and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted the PC. No

    luck.

    > I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but

    the
    > file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I

    fill
    > in by hand, nothing happen.
    >
    > Also when I look in My Computer/manage/device manager I don't see

    the
    > scanner..
    >
    > Formely the scanner was working fine.
    > Can someone give me an advise??
    >
    > Thank you.

    Did you install the driver "before" plugging in the scanner? If not
    you may have a bit of Registry clean up to perform - ran into the
    same problem when a client plugged in a digital camera before
    installing the driver - had to call Sony tech support to get the
    thing recognized and it involved a lot of Registry clean up.

    If you just did a reinstall I'd suggest just wiping again and
    starting over. Once you have everything back and in working order get
    a good disk imaging software package and make an image of your drive-
    will save you a couple of hours the next time you need to start over.

    --

    Sultan
    Sultan, Apr 23, 2005

  3. x@y Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Hallo all,
    >
    > Maybe you can help me.
    >
    > I had a PC crash and have to reinstall the software ScanWizard 5 for my
    > Microtek Scanmaker V6usl scanner. I use the latest drivers from the
    > website of Microtek. I'm working with Windows XP Pro US-version with the
    > latest updates and Service Pack 2
    >
    > But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the software
    > and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted the PC. No luck.
    >
    > I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but the
    > file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I fill
    > in by hand, nothing happen.
    >
    > Also when I look in My Computer/manage/device manager I don't see the
    > scanner..
    >
    > Formely the scanner was working fine.
    > Can someone give me an advise??
    >
    > Thank you.

    One suggestion on the Website below,

    http://www.scotsmist.org.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=4591#post4591

    Good Luck x@y.
    x@y, Apr 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:33:10 +0200, wrote:

    |>But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the software
    |>and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted the PC. No luck.
    |>
    |>I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but the
    |>file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I fill
    |>in by hand, nothing happen.

    Try this:

    Disconnect your scanner, find the .INF file, right click on it and
    select install.

    --
    The Eagle Nebula image release on Hubble's 15th birthday
    http://tinyurl.com/982nm (space.com)
  5. Guest

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:44:05 -0700, wrote:

    -Quoted Text-
    >Try this:
    >Disconnect your scanner, find the .INF file, right click on it and
    >select install.

    Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not work.:-(((
    , Apr 23, 2005
  6. old john Guest

    hi carley, just a thought, it could be a USB port problem, check in device
    manager, or have you got other USB devices that work OK on that socket ?
    (fingers crossed)..J

    old john, Apr 23, 2005
  7. Guest

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 18:02:23 +0200, wrote:

    |>On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 08:44:05 -0700, wrote:
    |>
    |> -Quoted Text-
    |>>Try this:
    |>>Disconnect your scanner, find the .INF file, right click on it and
    |>>select install.

    |>Thanks for the suggestion, but it does not work.:-(((

    I'm sure you rebooting after each change.

    Looks like Sultan's advice might be the way you have to go.

    And I agree If this was a recent clean install, now is the time to
    start over.

  8. doS Guest

    From the web:

    Microtek's web site claims that this will work with Windows XP. I had to
    e-mail their sales staff to ask a technical support question ("how do you
    get this to work?") and they just said "it will work with USB". Wrong. I've
    removed and reinstalled the driver that "works with Windows XP" many times.
    They need to update their drivers for Windows XP. If you install the drivers
    as administrator, only administrators (not regular users) can scan images.
    If more than one user is logged in, the scanner programs will hang. A lot of
    trial and error and unplugging/plugging USB cables to get this to work.

    doS, Apr 23, 2005
  9. Guest

    My scanner is not working - complement

    On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:33:10 +0200, wrote:

    -Quoted Text-
    >Maybe you can help me.
    >I had a PC crash and have to reinstall the software ScanWizard 5 for my
    >Microtek Scanmaker V6usl scanner. I use the latest drivers from the
    >website of Microtek. I'm working with Windows XP Pro US-version with the
    >latest updates and Service Pack 2
    >
    >But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the software
    >and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted the PC. No luck.
    >
    >I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but the
    >file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I fill
    >in by hand, nothing happen.
    >
    >Also when I look in My Computer/manage/device manager I don't see the
    >scanner..
    >Formely the scanner was working fine.
    >Thank you.

    A complement:
    When I connect the scanner to the computer (without installing the
    software) I see In Computermanagement:
    SCSI and RAID controllers:
    (yellow exclamation point) D347PRT SCSI Controller - This device cannot
    start. (Code 10)
    (yellow exclamation point) SCSI/RAID Host Controller - Windows cannot load
    the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device
    already running in the system. (Code 42)

    When I disconnect the scanner, the errors are gone.
    Can someone give me an advise??
    , Apr 24, 2005
  10. Sultan Guest

    Re: My scanner is not working - complement

    wrote in

    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:33:10 +0200, wrote:
    >
    > -Quoted Text-
    >>Maybe you can help me.
    >>I had a PC crash and have to reinstall the software ScanWizard 5

    for
    >>my Microtek Scanmaker V6usl scanner. I use the latest drivers from

    the
    >>website of Microtek. I'm working with Windows XP Pro US-version

    with
    >>the latest updates and Service Pack 2
    >>
    >>But the scanner is not even recognized. I have reinstalled the
    >>software and remove the USB cable and connect it again, restarted

    the
    >>PC. No luck.
    >>
    >>I see in the folder windows/inf the driver Microtek-5.inf file but

    the
    >>file is not in the choice list to install hardware/scanners. When I
    >>fill in by hand, nothing happen.
    >>
    >>Also when I look in My Computer/manage/device manager I don't see

    the
    >>scanner..
    >>Formely the scanner was working fine.
    >>Thank you.

    > A complement:
    > When I connect the scanner to the computer (without installing the
    > software) I see In Computermanagement:
    > SCSI and RAID controllers:
    > (yellow exclamation point) D347PRT SCSI Controller - This device
    > cannot start. (Code 10)
    > (yellow exclamation point) SCSI/RAID Host Controller - Windows

    cannot
    > load the device driver for this hardware because there is a

    duplicate
    > device already running in the system. (Code 42)
    >
    > When I disconnect the scanner, the errors are gone.
    > Can someone give me an advise??

    Uninstall/Remove these from Device Manager with the scanner plugged
    in - somehow your usb device was installed as a SCSI device- after
    uninstalling reboot with the scanner unplugged and reinstall the
    software - then reconnect the scanner.

    --

    Sultan
    Sultan, Apr 24, 2005
  11. Guest

    Re: My scanner is not working - solution!

    On 24 Apr 2005 14:44:15 GMT, Sultan <> wrote:

    -Quoted Text-

    >Uninstall/Remove these from Device Manager with the scanner plugged
    >in - somehow your usb device was installed as a SCSI device- after
    >uninstalling reboot with the scanner unplugged and reinstall the
    >software - then reconnect the scanner.

    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the solution. The scanner is
    working again.

    gr. Carley.
    , Apr 24, 2005
  12. Sultan Guest

    wrote:

    > -Quoted Text-
    >>
    >>Uninstall/Remove these from Device Manager with the scanner plugged
    >>in - somehow your usb device was installed as a SCSI device- after
    >>uninstalling reboot with the scanner unplugged and reinstall the
    >>software - then reconnect the scanner.

    > Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the solution. The scanner is
    > working again.
    >
    > gr. Carley.

    Glad to help. Take care.

    --