    got !

    Help :D

    cheers
    Volatileacid, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Volatileacid

    Gary Guest

    "Volatileacid" <Volatileacid in gmail fullstop com> wrote in message
    > it didn't usually, I only used to get the password request.
    >
    > Some background. I was looking at my running config, and saw that

    something
    > that read 'ip http server', so I thought it must have http access to it,
    > and plugged it's ip into the web browser which after a password request

    let
    > me into to this basic interface.
    >
    > Anyway it was from here on that it now wants a username ! which i haven't
    > got !
    >
    > Help :D
    >
    > cheers

    did you add tacacs+ ?
    did you change AAA method ?
    did you add the work login anywhere

    Config would help.

    One of these is probably it,.

    Gary, Jul 19, 2004

  3. On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:54:17 +0100, Volatileacid wrote:

    > it didn't usually, I only used to get the password request.
    >
    > Some background. I was looking at my running config, and saw that
    > something that read 'ip http server', so I thought it must have http
    > access to it, and plugged it's ip into the web browser which after a
    > password request let me into to this basic interface.
    >
    > Anyway it was from here on that it now wants a username ! which i haven't
    > got !

    If the basic interface happened to be CRWS, then it does that and the way
    to avoid it is to click the "Exit CRWS" link instead of just closing the
    window when you want to stop playing.

    You probably need to search CCO or google for Cisco router password
    recovery, so you can get back into the the router and change "login local" to
    "login" in the vty lines.

    --
    Rgds,
    Martin
    Martin Gallagher, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Volatileacid

    an Guest

    :
    : Some background. I was looking at my running config, and saw that
    something
    : that read 'ip http server', so I thought it must have http access to it,
    : and plugged it's ip into the web browser which after a password request
    let
    : me into to this basic interface.
    :
    : Anyway it was from here on that it now wants a username ! which i haven't
    : got !
    :
    : Help :D
    :
    : cheers

    Just guessing, but try the router name as a username and cisco as the
    password.

    Could you connect to it using the web interface?

    :
    :
    an, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Volatileacid

    Chris Davies Guest

    Try Cisco as the username and Cisco as the password (Uppercase C on
    both)

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:54:17 +0100, "Volatileacid" <Volatileacid in
    gmail fullstop com> wrote:

    >it didn't usually, I only used to get the password request.
    >
    >Some background. I was looking at my running config, and saw that something
    >that read 'ip http server', so I thought it must have http access to it,
    >and plugged it's ip into the web browser which after a password request let
    >me into to this basic interface.
    >
    >Anyway it was from here on that it now wants a username ! which i haven't
    >got !
    >
    >Help :D
    >
    >cheers

    Drop the ZZZ to reply

    Cheers ...
    Chris Davies, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Volatileacid

    Volatileacid Guest

    THANKS GARY ! it's now sorted!

    My runnning config has the entry 'aaa new-model' in it, and upon removal,
    it just asks for a password now :D

    Cheers.

    ps. thanks everyone else.

    Volatileacid, Jul 19, 2004
  7. Re: my router's now asking for a username when I telnet to it :(!?

    You can also try leaving the username blank, and filling the enable
    password in the password-field.

    Iskander Novena, Jul 20, 2004
  8. Martin Gallagher <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 02:54:17 +0100, Volatileacid wrote:
    >
    > > it didn't usually, I only used to get the password request.
    > >
    > > Some background. I was looking at my running config, and saw that
    > > something that read 'ip http server', so I thought it must have http
    > > access to it, and plugged it's ip into the web browser which after a
    > > password request let me into to this basic interface.
    > >
    > > Anyway it was from here on that it now wants a username ! which i haven't
    > > got !
    > >

    > If the basic interface happened to be CRWS, then it does that and the way
    > to avoid it is to click the "Exit CRWS" link instead of just closing the
    > window when you want to stop playing.
    >
    > You probably need to search CCO or google for Cisco router password
    > recovery, so you can get back into the the router and change "login local" to
    > "login" in the vty lines.

    I had the same problem yesterday after playing with the web interface of
    the router. Because the java applet didn't seem to be working I stopped
    the session by simple quitting the browser, only seeing too late in the
    logfiles that the java applet had altered my configuration.

    I was also suddenly greeted by a question for a username when using
    telnet to enter the router. I tried a few of the hints on this page, but
    that didn't work.

    Luckily when I hooked my router to the console port I didn't have to log
    in and was able to use 'enable' to jank the 'login local' from the
    configuration to restore things back to normal...

    Arnoud
    --
    For replying to me, please use my first and last name in the
    address. ++ M'n voor- en achternaam gebruiken in het email adres.
    Arnoud Helmantel, Sep 26, 2004