    connected to the router. I can unplug the cable to the router, re hookup the
    Ethernet bridge and then have internet access. What gives here?

    Merle-
    MC, Jun 26, 2005

  2. MC

    Clark Guest

    Go to "My Network Places" and right click and select properties. Highlight
    your connection and look in the lower left at the Details information. Does
    the address look appropriate for your network, and does it say Assigned by
    DHCP or something else.

    Do you have enough addresses available for the new setup to be assigned one?
    Do you have more than one DHCP server? Did you set up a new connection when
    you moved the computer?

    Open msinfo32.exe and look under Software Environment and Windows Error
    Reporting. You may have to drag out the divider sections, but you may see
    some type of error message there.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 26, 2005