My Recent Documents

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Putrid <> wrote:

    >Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
    >my computer?

    Without a third party program:

    Right click the Start button, Properties and Customize -
    Click on Clear

    You will lose most of your recent histories (MRU's), Run command will
    clear for example as well as your recent documents.

    Third party programs would include tweakui

    I beat it!
    http://lineage2.plaync.jp/l2fun/flashGame.aspx
    , Jun 10, 2007

  2. Mac Guest

    Putrid wrote:
    > Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
    > my computer?

    Just go to: C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Recent folder and delete
    all in that folder.
    OR
    Right click on START/properties, select Customise/advanced and click on
    clear list.

    Regards

    Mac
    Mac, Jun 10, 2007

  3. Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500, Putrid wrote:

    > Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from my
    > computer?

    Right-click your taskbar then click 'Properties'. It's in there under one
    of the tabs (don't have a Windoze machine running at the moment so can't
    be more exact). There's a setting in there to switch off recent docs.
    I'll leave you to find that.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)
    Aardvark, Jun 10, 2007
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    Putrid wrote:
    > Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
    > my computer?

    Name your operating system and version when you ask a question like
    that, don't assume that anyone thinks you have Win XP instead of 98 or
    Vista or Ubuntu.

    Win XP/ R click Start menu/ Properties/ Start menu tab/ Customize
    button/ Advanced tab/ my recent documents section: Clear list button.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 10, 2007
  5. Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500

    Voluntary courtesy clock police report...

    That sez UTC 16:14 which is currently, as I post this, in the future.

    That is, your clock setting or timezone offset are wrong.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 10, 2007
  6. Putrid Guest

    Putrid, Jun 10, 2007
  7. Putrid <> wrote in

    > Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents"
    > away when I get up from my computer?

    Something like a butt-sensor in your chair seat? (^%
    (I'm gettin' the patent on it!!!)

    You could navigate to:

    C:\Documents and Settings\[your user account]\My Recent Documents

    ~ Make sure you are displaying "hidden" folders
    ~ Drag the icon in the address bar to your desktop
    ~ Cut the shortcut anyplace you'd like it
    ~ If desired, rename, change icon (Properties) etc.
    ~ Click or double-click when you're ready to view or clear

    Now, just delete the contents as desired...

    Ctrl+A | Shift+Delete

    I guess you could make a *.bat file...

    --

    I've heard that "Marriage changes passion..."
    .... suddenly you're in bed with a relative!
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 10, 2007
  8. Putrid Guest

    In 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700 "Mike
    Easter" <> wrote :

    >Putrid wrote:
    >Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500
    >
    >Voluntary courtesy clock police report...
    >
    >That sez UTC 16:14 which is currently, as I post this, in the future.
    >
    >That is, your clock setting or timezone offset are wrong.+

    Weird!
    Eveything looks to be set correctly but what's with the time above?
    (On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700)
    How do I change this please?
    Putrid, Jun 10, 2007
  9. Bucky Breeder wrote:
    > Putrid <> wrote in
    >>
    >> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents" away when I get up from
    >> my computer?

    > Something like a butt-sensor in your chair seat? (^%

    Ew. Did you *have* to mention butt-sensors in a thread about
    wiping? :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 10, 2007
  10. >> Putrid asks inquiring minds

    >>> Is there a way to wipe "My Recent Documents"
    >>> away when I get up from my computer?

    > Bucky Breeder reflects:
    >>
    >> Something like a butt-sensor in your chair seat? (^%

    Blinky the Shark retrospects:

    > Ew. Did you *have* to mention butt-sensors
    > in a thread about wiping? :)

    I was going for a punch-line like "... bidet!"
    But I just couldn't think of the word...
    Alas, too pre-occupied with the Paris Hilton saga.

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 10, 2007
  11. Mike Easter Guest

    Putrid wrote:
    > In 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700 "Mike
    > Easter" <> wrote :
    >
    >> Putrid wrote:
    >> Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:14:09 -0500
    >>
    >> Voluntary courtesy clock police report...
    >>
    >> That sez UTC 16:14 which is currently, as I post this, in the future.
    >>
    >> That is, your clock setting or timezone offset are wrong.+

    > Weird!

    I don't know how to interpret 'weird' absent any additional context.

    > Eveything looks to be set correctly

    I don't know how to interpret 'everything' in this context. The/Your
    clock and its offset both should be set to either the correct local time
    with appropriate offset or UTC time without an offset. Sometimes people
    have trouble with offsets.

    > but what's with the time above?
    > (On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 08:58:48 -0700)

    I don't know how to interpret 'what's with the time above?' in the
    context which you placed it, namely re-iterating the time of my post.
    My post illustrates a PDT Pacific Daylight Time offset of 7 hours west
    of UTC and which translates to 15:58 UTC, which post I made after your
    16:14 post.

    > How do I change this please?

    I don't know what 'change this' means in this context.

    The line I cited was a Date: line. Typically that date line reflects
    your own computer's clock setting and its designated timezone offset.
    Sometimes the newsserver which you use replaces your Date line with one
    of its own. Sometimes the newsserver which you use provides its own
    stamp in some other way, such as a NNTP-Posting-Date line, which makes
    interpretation of these problems easier. You can see such a line on my
    own post.

    Unfortunately I don't know how aioe does it, I don't know your timezone
    offset, and I don't know your computer's current setting. I do know how
    to adjust Windows time and timezone offset settings.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 10, 2007