    Media Player when you pull down the File - Open menu. Lets just say
    for privacy reasons, I find it an annoying feature, but I can't figure
    out how to shut it off. Thanks for the help.

    Mike Patterson, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Yeah, don't want the wife catching you checking out porn, eh? hehe

    Totally Serious, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Mike Patterson wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone knows how to shutdown the "My Recent
    > Documents" option on Windows XP? It shows up to the side of Windows
    > Media Player when you pull down the File - Open menu. Lets just say
    > for privacy reasons, I find it an annoying feature, but I can't figure
    > out how to shut it off. Thanks for the help.

    XTeq has some nice tweaks and I think it also allows to hide some of the
    default items on the start button menu.
    Certainly worth checking out though.

    Link available to the authors site and/or downloadable from here
    http://www.absey-vine.co.uk/software/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Sep 15, 2004
  4. In MP, click on Tools, Options, Privacy tab, uncheck Save File and URL
    history in the Player box.

    Atlas Shrugged, Sep 16, 2004