    can anyone tell me how I can clean up this flotsam and jetsom without
    deleting them one at a time as they occur, as I have to do at this time?
    Thank you now and at the hour of any help later.

    WormWood, Jul 8, 2004

  2. WormWood

    °Mike° Guest

    Open Notepad and copy/paste the following
    into it:

    @ECHO OFF
    CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    ECHO y| DEL *.*
    CD..
    CLS
    EXIT

    Save the file as cleardocs.bat and place it in a
    folder somewhere. Make a shortcut to it, and
    in the properties of the shortcut, set to run
    minimized -- you can place the shortcut anywhere
    you like. Clicking on the shortcut will clear
    the list automatically.

    Alternatively, you can go the long way, and use
    the taskbar properties, but since you didn't state
    which operating system, or whether you use the
    classic Start Menu, or not....

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 23:00:09 -0400, in
    <>
    WormWood scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004

  3. WormWood

    WormWood Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Open Notepad and copy/paste the following
    > into it:
    >
    > @ECHO OFF
    > CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    > ECHO y| DEL *.*
    > CD..
    > CLS
    > EXIT
    >

    > Save the file as cleardocs.bat and place it in a
    > folder somewhere. Make a shortcut to it, and
    > in the properties of the shortcut, set to run
    > minimized -- you can place the shortcut anywhere
    > you like. Clicking on the shortcut will clear
    > the list automatically.
    >
    > Alternatively, you can go the long way, and use
    > the taskbar properties, but since you didn't state
    > which operating system, or whether you use the
    > classic Start Menu, or not....

    It sounds real good. Sorry about not stating some details. XP Pro and I
    don't believe I use the classic start menu. <---- Dummy :(

    WormWood, Jul 8, 2004
  4. WormWood

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 23:41:43 -0400, in
    <>
    WormWood scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Open Notepad and copy/paste the following
    >> into it:
    >>
    >> @ECHO OFF
    >> CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    >> ECHO y| DEL *.*
    >> CD..
    >> CLS
    >> EXIT
    >>

    >> Save the file as cleardocs.bat and place it in a
    >> folder somewhere. Make a shortcut to it, and
    >> in the properties of the shortcut, set to run
    >> minimized -- you can place the shortcut anywhere
    >> you like. Clicking on the shortcut will clear
    >> the list automatically.
    >>
    >> Alternatively, you can go the long way, and use
    >> the taskbar properties, but since you didn't state
    >> which operating system, or whether you use the
    >> classic Start Menu, or not....
    >>

    >It sounds real good. Sorry about not stating some details. XP Pro and I
    >don't believe I use the classic start menu. <---- Dummy :(

    If you want to do it manually, each time, right click
    on the taskbar and select 'Properties'. Go to the
    Start Menu tab and press 'Customize', then choose
    the 'Advanced' tab. At the bottom, press 'Clear List'.
    You can also uncheck 'List my most recently opened
    documents'. This only HIDES the list; the shortcuts
    are still there in the 'Recent' folder.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  5. WormWood

    WormWood Guest

    Ok,°Mike°, thanks so much for the options you have shown me. I know I can
    rely on your expertise. Cheers

    WormWood, Jul 8, 2004
  6. WormWood

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 00:01:03 -0400, in
    <>
    WormWood scrawled:

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  7. WormWood

    j.smathers Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 04:45:39 +0100, °Mike° <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 23:41:43 -0400, in
    > <>
    > WormWood scrawled:
    >

    >>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >>> Open Notepad and copy/paste the following
    >>> into it:
    >>>
    >>> @ECHO OFF
    >>> CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    >>> ECHO y| DEL *.*
    >>> CD..
    >>> CLS
    >>> EXIT
    >>>

    >>> Save the file as cleardocs.bat and place it in a
    >>> folder somewhere. Make a shortcut to it, and
    >>> in the properties of the shortcut, set to run
    >>> minimized -- you can place the shortcut anywhere
    >>> you like. Clicking on the shortcut will clear
    >>> the list automatically.
    >>>
    >>> Alternatively, you can go the long way, and use
    >>> the taskbar properties, but since you didn't state
    >>> which operating system, or whether you use the
    >>> classic Start Menu, or not....
    >>>

    >>It sounds real good. Sorry about not stating some details. XP Pro and I
    >>don't believe I use the classic start menu. <---- Dummy :(

    >If you want to do it manually, each time, right click
    >on the taskbar and select 'Properties'. Go to the
    >Start Menu tab and press 'Customize', then choose
    >the 'Advanced' tab. At the bottom, press 'Clear List'.
    >You can also uncheck 'List my most recently opened
    >documents'. This only HIDES the list; the shortcuts
    >are still there in the 'Recent' folder.

    erm, Your cmd file just deleted all the command files in my cmd
    folder. fyi,nbd.

    j.smathers, Jul 8, 2004
  8. WormWood

    DC Guest

    WormWood wrote:
    > On Start / My Recent Documents, I have 15 icons, left there from previously
    > viewed images, some of which I wouldn't want my roomie to see....hehe. So,
    > can anyone tell me how I can clean up this flotsam and jetsom without
    > deleting them one at a time as they occur, as I have to do at this time?
    > Thank you now and at the hour of any help later.

    ISTR that TweakUI had an option to clear the "Recent" list on logoff.
    If someone can confirm, this would probably be your simplest option.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jul 8, 2004
  9. WormWood

    °Mike° Guest

    On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 14:40:44 GMT, in
    <>
    j.smathers scrawled:

    >On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 04:45:39 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:

    <snip>

    >>>"°Mike°" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    >erm, Your cmd file just deleted all the command files in
    >my cmd folder. fyi,nbd.

    Then you did something wrong -- there is nothing wrong
    with the batch file. And what/where is you "cmd" folder?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 8, 2004
  10. WormWood

    WormWood Guest

    "WormWood" <jojo@..com-de-com.com> wrote in message
    > On Start / My Recent Documents, I have 15 icons, left there from

    previously
    > viewed images, some of which I wouldn't want my roomie to see....hehe.

    So,
    > can anyone tell me how I can clean up this flotsam and jetsom without
    > deleting them one at a time as they occur, as I have to do at this

    time?
    > Thank you now and at the hour of any help later.

    To all who responded:
    Thank you for the great suggestions, they all worked a treat.

    WormWood, Jul 9, 2004