    "Two computers can simultaneously connect to the DSL-302G through its USB
    and Ethernet port to share its high-speed Internet connection ."

    Can anyone help me get this simultaneous connection?
    fruitbat, Jul 22, 2005

  2. fruitbat

    pcbutts1 Guest

    fruitbat, <>, whose name means "heavyset bum-boy; has urges
    to snoop in the medicine cabinet at someone's house while visiting; gives
    head; weirdo", grimaced:

    > I have a D-Link DSL-302G modem working fine.

    Where did you get a d-link dsl-302g modem working fine, fruitbat?

    > It is connected to one PC through the ethernet connector and to the
    > other through the DSL-302G USB connector.

    Get rid of SP2.

    > However, it only works on one at a time.

    It's water over the dam.

    > If I pull out the ethernet cord from the back of the modem, then the one
    > hooked up to the USB works, and vice-versa.

    You have spyware.

    > The DLINK site http://www.dlink.com.au/Default.aspx?

    The fact too good to check.

    > ArticleID=588 clearly states that "Two computers can simultaneously
    > connect to the DSL-302G through its USB and Ethernet port to share its
    > high-speed Internet connection ." Can anyone help me get this
    > simultaneous connection?

    Don't use HTML.
    pcbutts1, Jul 22, 2005

  3. fruitbat

    JANA Guest

    Get a router, and a network card for the computer that is using the USB
    port. You will need the adequate patch cables. Put everything together, as
    per the instructions that come with the router. This way, both computers
    should work with the internet at the same time.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "fruitbat" <> wrote in message
    I have a D-Link DSL-302G modem working fine. It is connected to one PC
    through the ethernet connector and to the other through the DSL-302G USB
    connector.
    However, it only works on one at a time. If I pull out the ethernet cord
    from the back of the modem, then the one hooked up to the USB works, and
    vice-versa.

    The DLINK site http://www.dlink.com.au/Default.aspx?ArticleID=588 clearly
    states that

    JANA, Jul 23, 2005