My printer won't print

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alasdair, Dec 11, 2006.

  1. Alasdair

    Alasdair Guest

    I have a PC running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 (build 2600). It
    has a 3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 and 1024 Megabytes Installed
    Memory.

    For printing, scanning, photocopying, I use a Brother MFC9880 laser
    which I bought second hand.

    The printer worked OK up till today when it would just not print. When
    I connected the mains and USB cables and switched the printer or, I
    could hear it initialising itself. When I tried to print a document,
    there was total silence from the printer. The LCD on the printer said
    "insert Paper" even though the paper tray is three-quarters full.

    I tried another USB cable in case that was the problem but it made no
    difference.

    Has anyone any ideas what may be wrong? Could they offer some
    suggestions?

    --
    Alasdair.

    Alasdair, Dec 11, 2006

  2. Alasdair

    philo Guest

    "Alasdair" <> wrote in message
    > I have a PC running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 (build 2600). It
    > has a 3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 and 1024 Megabytes Installed
    > Memory.
    >
    > For printing, scanning, photocopying, I use a Brother MFC9880 laser
    > which I bought second hand.
    >
    > The printer worked OK up till today when it would just not print. When
    > I connected the mains and USB cables and switched the printer or, I
    > could hear it initialising itself. When I tried to print a document,
    > there was total silence from the printer. The LCD on the printer said
    > "insert Paper" even though the paper tray is three-quarters full.

    Well take the paper out
    remove the tray ...then reinsert it...
    add paper and try again.

    If it's still a no-go then see if you got any warranty with your used
    purchase

    philo, Dec 12, 2006