My Prep Guide for 70-316 !

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by ship50, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. ship50

    ship50 Guest

    Hi !

    Cleared 70-316 with 940.

    I used lots of books. Here is the list:

    Started with -

    Introducing Microsoft .NET, 3rd Ed.(MS-Press): To understand the .NET
    Framework as I was totally new to this.

    Then -

    Beginning Visual C#(Wrox) + Core Reference, Programming Microsoft Windows
    with C#(MS-Press) : To understand the C# Language.

    AND

    OOP with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# Step
    by Step (MS-Press) : To understand Microsoft's point of view on OOP.

    Next -

    Microsoft ADO.NET Step By Step(MS-Press) + Professional ADO.NET
    Programming(Wrox) : To understand ADO.NET

    Next -

    Professional C#, 3rd Ed.(Wrox)

    Finally -

    MCAD/MCSD Training Guide for 70-316 By Amit Kalani (QUE): For exam specific
    study.

    I know it is a long list of books and it took me around 5 months. But I had
    no programming experience before. Never written a line of code before I
    started this exam attempt. I made a lot of apps, starting with a simple
    'Hello World' and moving on to develop an accounting and inventory package
    for a book store which includes Amazon.com web services.

    I really enjoyed this (and passing on the first attempt made me happier) and
    now preparing for 70-315. Thanks to all you wonderfull people who post so
    much valuable informations. Thanks a lot !

    ship50, Mar 7, 2006

  2. ship50

    vivacasvegas Guest

    congratulations on passing first time
    Im sort of in the same boat as you expect i have had a little experience at
    programming before although not with c# which is the exam im wanting to take.
    been looking through these forums and getting intimidated by it but if going
    from knowing nothing to passing the exam in 5 months, that would do me. can i
    asked how long you studied for each day/week?

    vivacasvegas, Mar 9, 2006

  3. ship50

    ship50 Guest

    "vivacasvegas" wrote:

    > congratulations on passing first time

    Thanks a lot.

    > Im sort of in the same boat as you expect i have had a little experience at
    > programming before although not with c# which is the exam im wanting to take.
    > been looking through these forums and getting intimidated by it but if going
    > from knowing nothing to passing the exam in 5 months, that would do me. can i
    > asked how long you studied for each day/week?

    As I have a full time job, I studied the books at the lunch break(around 45
    min) and then after returning home in the evening, I studied for another 2
    hrs. Then at night, I did the coding part for another 2 hrs. On holidays, I
    studied/coded for around 6hrs a day.

    ship50, Mar 9, 2006