My pics for this Australian Night Contest

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 25, 2003.

  1. Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 25, 2003

  2. Paul D. Sullivan

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Paul D. Sullivan wrote:

    > http://www.aus-photographers.com/comp/aug03.php

    Good stuff.

    > My top 5 in order of preference:
    >
    > Pic 7
    > Pic 17
    > Pic 8
    > Pic 19
    > Pic 18

    Well, since you kinda' asked, gotta disagree. Pic 18 is like-
    so-already-done. Some of them are misses, and I see Pic 19 as
    the best of the bad.

    Pics 9 and 10 are too yellow. Pic 5 has a nice combination of
    lightings, but the yellow-lighted part is too large.

    Make the waterline in 13 level and the buildings vertical, then
    it's a winner. Likewise, fix converging verticals in a few of
    the others. Consider cropping some of the bottom out of 5, 7
    and 17.

    --
    --Bryan

    Bryan Olson, Aug 25, 2003

  3. err - uhh - I just throught they was purdy.. :)

    Paul D. Sullivan, Aug 25, 2003
  4. Paul D. Sullivan

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Paul D. Sullivan wrote:

    > err - uhh - I just throught they was purdy.. :)

    I agree. I love night shots of cities, especially with water.
    Good luck in the contest.

    --
    --Bryan

    Bryan Olson, Aug 27, 2003
  5. Paul D. Sullivan

    Terry K. Guest

    The Site took over 2 minutes to load the 1st two pictures just now. Way to slow to evaluate. Speed it up, and maybe we will give it a go, again.

    --
    "What is history, but a fable agreed upon."
    --- Napoleon Bonaparte

    Terry K., Aug 27, 2003