    took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:

    http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet
    , May 5, 2006

  2. Annika1980 Guest

    >Please, tell me what you think of them:
    http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

    I think you should use your eyes more and your camera less.

    For example, do we really need to see 31 pics taken from the airplane,
    a dark parking lot at night, or the Agricultural form you have to fill
    out on the plane?
    Try a little more editing. Whatever good pics you may have captured
    are drowned in a sea of would-be culls.
    Annika1980, May 5, 2006

  3. On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700, wrote:

    >I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
    >January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
    >Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
    >took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:
    >
    >http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

    Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com
    Raphael Bustin, May 5, 2006
  4. Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > >Please, tell me what you think of them:

    > http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet
    >
    > I think you should use your eyes more and your camera less.
    >
    > For example, do we really need to see 31 pics taken from the airplane,
    > a dark parking lot at night,

    ??

    I don't know to what you are referring. I have at least 250 pictures
    taken from my airplane seat, besides all the photos that I took from
    helicopter. To which 31 pics are you referring?

    I don't recall putting up a photo of a dark parking lot at night.

    > or the Agricultural form you have to fill
    > out on the plane?

    Rest assured, the photos collectively tell a story. They may not all be
    artistic masterpieces individually, but they all tell part of the story
    about my trip.

    > Try a little more editing. Whatever good pics you may have captured
    > are drowned in a sea of would-be culls.

    Of course, what makes a good picture is often based on what one is
    looking for.

    Thank you for your comments.
    , May 5, 2006
  5. Guest

    Raphael Bustin wrote:
    > On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700, wrote:
    >
    > >I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
    > >January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
    > >Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
    > >took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:
    > >
    > >http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

    > Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

    What is Paia?
    , May 5, 2006
  6. On 4 May 2006 21:24:40 -0700, wrote:

    >Raphael Bustin wrote:
    >> On 4 May 2006 16:01:41 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >> >I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
    >> >January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
    >> >Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
    >> >took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:
    >> >
    >> >http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

    >> Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

    >What is Paia?

    a town on maui

    rafe b
    www.terrapinphoto.com
    Raphael Bustin, May 5, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >>> Please, tell me what you think of them:

    >> http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet
    >>
    >> I think you should use your eyes more and your camera less.
    >>
    >> For example, do we really need to see 31 pics taken from the airplane,
    >> a dark parking lot at night,

    > ??
    >
    > I don't know to what you are referring. I have at least 250 pictures
    > taken from my airplane seat, besides all the photos that I took from
    > helicopter. To which 31 pics are you referring?
    >
    > I don't recall putting up a photo of a dark parking lot at night.
    >
    >> or the Agricultural form you have to fill
    >> out on the plane?

    > Rest assured, the photos collectively tell a story. They may not all be
    > artistic masterpieces individually, but they all tell part of the story
    > about my trip.
    >
    >> Try a little more editing. Whatever good pics you may have captured
    >> are drowned in a sea of would-be culls.

    > Of course, what makes a good picture is often based on what one is
    > looking for.
    >
    > Thank you for your comments.

    listen better...

    bob crownfield, May 5, 2006
  8. Guest

    Raphael Bustin wrote:
    > On 4 May 2006 21:24:40 -0700, wrote:
    >

    > >Raphael Bustin wrote:

    > >> Dja like Paia? I mean, what's not to like?

    > >What is Paia?

    > a town on maui

    Paia is on the North Short of Maui. Due to the lack of time, all that I
    saw of Maui was from the airport in the North, down South and around to
    Lahaina and up North as far as Napili. My travel agent/tour guide/Mom
    said she wished she had scheduled us another day on the island, but the
    trip served its purpose for me. Maybe, someday, I will spend a week
    there?
    , May 5, 2006
  9. Frank ess Guest

    wrote:
    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >>> Please, tell me what you think of them:

    >> http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet
    >>
    >> I think you should use your eyes more and your camera less.
    >>
    >> For example, do we really need to see 31 pics taken from the
    >> airplane, a dark parking lot at night,

    > ??
    >
    > I don't know to what you are referring. I have at least 250 pictures
    > taken from my airplane seat, besides all the photos that I took from
    > helicopter. To which 31 pics are you referring?
    >
    > I don't recall putting up a photo of a dark parking lot at night.
    >
    >> or the Agricultural form you have to fill
    >> out on the plane?

    > Rest assured, the photos collectively tell a story. They may not all
    > be artistic masterpieces individually, but they all tell part of the
    > story about my trip.
    >
    >> Try a little more editing. Whatever good pics you may have
    >> captured
    >> are drowned in a sea of would-be culls.

    > Of course, what makes a good picture is often based on what one is
    > looking for.
    >
    > Thank you for your comments.

    "reSIST the URGE to exPLAIN"
    -Screenwriter and Oscar nominee in an AOL chatroom
    Frank ess, May 5, 2006
  10. ukbrown Guest

    On 5-May-2006, wrote:

    > I don't know to what you are referring. I have at least 250 pictures
    > taken from my airplane seat, besides all the photos that I took from
    > helicopter. To which 31 pics are you referring?

    Lost in a blue maze ....
    ukbrown, May 5, 2006
  11. Ron Hunter Guest

    wrote:
    > Raphael Bustin wrote:

    >>> What is Paia?

    >> a town on maui

    > Paia is on the North Short of Maui. Due to the lack of time, all that I
    > saw of Maui was from the airport in the North, down South and around to
    > Lahaina and up North as far as Napili. My travel agent/tour guide/Mom
    > said she wished she had scheduled us another day on the island, but the
    > trip served its purpose for me. Maybe, someday, I will spend a week
    > there?

    You should have driven to the top of the volcano. Most impressive! Go
    back and see that one!
    Ron Hunter, May 5, 2006
  12. wrote:
    > I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
    > January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
    > Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
    > took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:
    >
    > http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet

    You must be joking - there are hundreds of them. You think people have
    the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

    Pick your best 12 and put those up for comment. Then you might get some
    useful feedback.
    Derek Fountain, May 5, 2006
  13. Guest

    Derek Fountain wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I asked for advice from these groups prior to my trip to Hawaii in
    > > January. Now, I have a few of my photos available for viewing online.
    > > Photo Albums 0 through 90 represent about 1/4 of the total photos I
    > > took in Hawaii. Please, tell me what you think of them:
    > >
    > > http://photos.yahoo.com/imagebuffet
    > >

    > You must be joking - there are hundreds of them.

    My last count was just under 1300.

    > You think people have
    > the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

    I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
    mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
    these days.

    > Pick your best 12 and put those up for comment. Then you might get some
    > useful feedback.

    I already have gotten useful feedback, just not from Usenet.
    Thankfully, I have access to other forums, online and off.
    , May 5, 2006
  14. Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:

    > You should have driven to the top of the volcano. Most impressive! Go
    > back and see that one!

    Yes, that is one of my regrets from that trip. I had particularly
    wanted to see the caldera. Unfortunately, I just wasn't able to do it.
    Fortunately, that does not mean the entire trip was wasted. Far from
    it!
    , May 5, 2006
  15. Ron Hunter wrote:
    > You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

    Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?

    :eek:)
    Derek Fountain, May 5, 2006
  16. > My last count was just under 1300.

    >> You think people have
    >> the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

    > I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
    > mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
    > these days.

    You're not infringing on anything, because no one with an opinion worth
    having is going to sift through 1,300 of your holiday photos to give you
    feedback on them.
    Derek Fountain, May 5, 2006
  17. Derek Fountain wrote:
    > Ron Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

    > Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?
    >
    > :eek:)

    Meaning what, exactly? I can't wait to hear this one.

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
    Unclaimed Mysteries, May 5, 2006
  18. Pete D Guest

    "Derek Fountain" <> wrote in message
    >> My last count was just under 1300.
    >>
    >>> You think people have
    >>> the time and bandwidth to sift through hundreds of your holiday photos?

    >> I hope I am not infringing on their pr0n and pirated media downloads. I
    >> mean, just about every high school kid downloads GIGABYTES of MP3s
    >> these days.

    > You're not infringing on anything, because no one with an opinion worth
    > having is going to sift through 1,300 of your holiday photos to give you
    > feedback on them.

    Hawaii is a place I really love but these photos seem to me like a total
    waste of a trip.
    Pete D, May 5, 2006
  19. >>> You should have driven to the top of the volcano.

    >> Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?
    >>
    >> :eek:)

    > Meaning what, exactly? I can't wait to hear this one.

    Most people of other nationalities would climb a volcano. You know, pull
    on boots and use their legs to propel themselves up the side of it? This
    results in exercise and a sense of personal achievement. I figured only
    an American would recommend driving up one.
    Derek Fountain, May 5, 2006
  20. Pete D Guest

    >>> Ron, I'm guessing you're an American...?
    >>>
    >>> :eek:)

    >> Meaning what, exactly? I can't wait to hear this one.

    > Most people of other nationalities would climb a volcano. You know, pull
    > on boots and use their legs to propel themselves up the side of it? This
    > results in exercise and a sense of personal achievement. I figured only an
    > American would recommend driving up one.

    LOL, there used to drive bus loads of people to the top of Mt Kosiousko for
    a look, now the closest you can get in a vehicle is about 6Km.
    Pete D, May 5, 2006