    Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle program
    and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue . . .
    Puzzled

    Puzzled, Jul 27, 2004

  2. Puzzled

    Billh Guest

    Try clearing your Internet temp files that clears this up most times.

    Billh, Jul 27, 2004

  3. Puzzled

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 21:22:24 -0400, "Puzzled" <> wrote:

    >Can anyone help me with this - for some unknown reason, whenever I click
    >on a photo to save it the save dialog box comes up and only permits the
    >file to be saved as *.bmp. I never had this happen before and I sure
    >don't want it to continue.
    >
    >Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle program
    >and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue . . .
    >Puzzled

    From IE, Click Tools, Internet Options or Start, Settings,
    Control Panel, Internet Options, under Tempory Internet Files,
    click "Delete Files", check "delete all offline content", click "OK", "OK"
    Shutdown IE, and restart it.

    Internet Explorer Saves Images As Bitmaps (.bmp Files)
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810978

    Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in the Proper Format
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260650

    Right-Clicking, Selecting 'Save Picture As' Does Not Save Image with
    Correct Extension
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=250747

    Q&A: Browser Problems.
    http://www.pcbuyersguide.com/solutions/help/browserproblems.htm

    Unk, Jul 27, 2004
  4. Puzzled

    Cassie Guest

    Thanks, Billh and Unk! Deleting the Temp files worked. Wish I knew why.
    Thanks again :)
    "Billh" <> wrote in message
    > Try clearing your Internet temp files that clears this up most times.
    >
    > "Puzzled" <> wrote in message
    > > Can anyone help me with this - for some unknown reason, whenever I

    click
    > > on a photo to save it the save dialog box comes up and only permits

    the
    > > file to be saved as *.bmp. I never had this happen before and I sure
    > > don't want it to continue.
    > >
    > > Most of the photos I download are to be put into a jigsaw puzzle

    program
    > > and this program does NOT like .bmp files. Please, someone, a clue .

    .. .

    Cassie, Jul 27, 2004
  5. Puzzled

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.
    How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

    Unk, Jul 27, 2004