    my pc wont reformat cause when i try to refomat, it hangs up when it reaches the set up section...

    how can i reformat my pc with such problem?!?

    anyone knows what to do?!?
    hastang112, May 31, 2008

  2. hastang112

    MarkSatterfield

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2008
    Messages:
    77
    Location:
    Central Florida
    Not sure what is going on for you.

    Have you tried to boot from CD and reformat from the installation disk?

    If so, then it sounds like you might have a hardware failure. Fix would be to unplug everything in your computer, then plug everything back in. Might be as simple as a corrosion spot.

    If you are trying to reformat from a running system, there could be a thousand reasons -- mostly related to viruses and other misbehaving software.

    --Mark

    http://www.marksatterfield.com
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
    MarkSatterfield, Jul 3, 2008